New México Regional

May I ask what is the safest way to ship CCs from Mexico to Calf?  Have a long time friend that is on a 6 month project down there, and can buy the new Mex RE 2016. I fear confiscation if we were to use UPS or FedEx. 

Inexperience breeds fear. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Road Trip To Albuquerque !!!

Just heard from Alex Avellar new Edmundo Dantes Conde Belicoso is reaching shelves next month. 140x52

Now for some more concrete information. Last night at a cigar bar in Mexico City I happened to share a smoke with the Mexican Distributor for Habanos.  He showed me a picture and some more information

May I ask what is the safest way to ship CCs from Mexico to Calf?  Have a long time friend that is on a 6 month project down there, and can buy the new Mex RE 2016. I fear confiscation if we were to use UPS or FedEx. 

Inexperience breeds fear. 

Why no just wait and get him too bring you them back.

13 hours ago, Pixa said:

Why no just wait and get him too bring you them back.

He won't be able to provide adequate storage conditions.

Yes...you park on the US side and can walk over although it is pretty deserted and sketchy in some spots if you don't know your way. Easier to come out after passing through into TJ and take a cab straight to the LCDH. I like to take the walk and have a couple drinks and some food from a couple of the spots either on my way in or out. That reminds me...need to get my passport renewed it expired in November. If you don't have a passport card coming back with a regular passport can sometimes be hours waiting in line. It gets really busy at that crossing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2016 at 1:40 PM, oliverdst said:
On 12/2/2016 at 1:40 PM, oliverdst said:

Price?

Just received two (2) boxes with these nasty stickers?  Leave them on or try and take them off?  What do you guys do?

IMG_9698.JPG

Flavors are reminiscent of the Selectos Finos blend. Very strong tobacco. These will need some rest I agree. No construction issues with the one I'm smoking.

2c787c193cd0220ac634eee8db367d15.jpg

88ed9f69752445bbbe2ce3ccf918b4bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear. At the est production numbers,unfortunately there will be some off cigars/bad boxes, it happens...hope it doesn't happen to me though, lol.

The best comment I took away from this thread was "you paid the GRINGO price". That's funny because anyone that buys these are paying the gringo price(I'm guilty as charged). Habanos executives are smiling right now...and we all keep buying and sayin thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, NorCalAaron said:

Does anyone know if these are available for sale  in Cuba ?  

They shouldn't be. You might get crazy lucky and find some singles, anything you see along these lines will most likely be fake though. RE's are(should be) shipped directly to the distributors that footed the bill for them. HSA rolls them to order per each distributors direction on size, blend, packaging, etc. From there, they go to that distributors retail outlets for sale. 

30 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

They shouldn't be. You might get crazy lucky and find some singles, anything you see along these lines will most likely be fake though. RE's are(should be) shipped directly to the distributors that footed the bill for them. HSA rolls them to order per each distributors direction on size, blend, packaging, etc. From there, they go to that distributors retail outlets for sale. 

Thank you sir, I thought it was odd a box I found was sourced from the island.