Cuban prices rising???

Hey all. I haven't been on here much in the last few months. Purposely still stayed unplugged this summer, to continue the family "healing" and such as outlined before. Starting to get a bit caught up, and prepped for next week's trip down to Havana for the Partagas Encuentros / FOH & AmiCigar week.

With that, just heard in the last week that Cuban custom cigar prices are likely going up by 20-35%, a result of higher raw material costs. No doubts also due to the massive amount of additional U.S. travelers too, with all the Obama changes.

Anyone hearing anything similar? Any massive pricing issues I should be aware of? The current exchange rate already isn't favourable! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there 3 weeks ago and just about every LCDH shop told me they were all awaiting price increases.  In fact one of the shops would NOT sell me a box of BEHIKE 52's and 54's due to the price increase that were coming. I spotted them under a counter and was told they were not for sale. :mellow:

12 minutes ago, dangolf18 said:

So we're not just talking about price increases for customs, but across the board?

Apparently there is a Cuba (domestic) pricing adjustment. 20% or thereabouts is what I am being told 3rd hand. 

Internationally they have been nudging up all year. 

• Like 2

I bought some in September at normal prices and and put an "order" in for when I am there the middle of November and there was no price change mentioned. But even 20% on a 5 CUC custom is only 1 more, still a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Supply and demand - I am not surprised. Demand for customs mainly being driven by the big flippers on FB and the usual trading websites.

• Like 1

... you too Chris @ChanceSchmerr!!! Nice to see some (more) of my friends lurking and posting. Hope all is well.

I'll tell you mate, I traded off some original release Coloniales to a friend of mine and got back a bunch of stuff that is more my speed and in there are a couple of SLR PC's from the 90's and I immediately thought about you! It is the SLRs that you favor right?

Cheers! -R

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PigFish said:

... you too Chris @ChanceSchmerr!!! Nice to see some (more) of my friends lurking and posting. Hope all is well.

I'll tell you mate, I traded off some original release Coloniales to a friend of mine and got back a bunch of stuff that is more my speed and in there are a couple of SLR PC's from the 90's and I immediately thought about you! It is the SLRs that you favor right?

Cheers! -R

I'm always lurking, mate! Just don't always have too much to say these days ;)

Hope all is well with you, my friend! I'm keeping okay - busy with work but can't wait to get to Cuba next week!

Sounds like you made a great trade - SLR PC's are still my all-time fav!  I'm trying to ration out the box you traded me to make it last as long as possible, but it's not easy!  The SLR Corona helps distract my attention :D  How was the 90's SLR PC?  I still wish I had a few left of my '95 SLR PCs from a few years back - they were incredible.

Take care mate - let me know if there is anything you'd like in Cuba! Some Robusto Supremos for sure, right? ;) 
-Chris