Camp Winnepesaukee

17 hours ago, clutch5150 said:

Hey G, talk about the humidification you are using in this? Thanks Brother.

I use Boveda only.  I live in a humid climate so not much else is needed.

The Zarges are air tight and keep a nice, constant temp and humidity.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I sit here waiting for the latest 24/24, outside, wearing a parka, in 47 degree weather, smoking a 2008 Epicure #2, I thought it was time to create the thread for all of our future homes, Camp Winn

... you guys are amateurs! Why? A pro gets a PO Box just for his cigars. Just letting you know! (Yes, I have a PO Box!!!) -the Pig

What's a camper to do?  After having four 80 quart tupperdors filled and running out of room, I went with another alternative based on inspiration from some of brothers in Europe. These work well

11 hours ago, Akela3rd said:

BTW just had a look and Zarges do a mini 24ltr version called "the camping box"...

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

I wanted to get the Alutec Muenchen but no access to them in the states.  You probably can get either in the UK.

Both companies have a large variety of sizes.

10 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

Nice set up sir. Finding the boxes after you put them away is always the hardest part. 

Good thing is I still have room for a couple more "special" boxes.  Just need to decide what those will be.

21 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

The wife likes them much better than the plastic and I am too cheap to buy an Aristocrat.  

Would rather spend my $ on cigars and rum. 

I'm sure the wife also prefers you spending $ on "cigars and rum" versus "gambling, drugs and broads"....

• Like 1

I'm sure the wife also prefers you spending $ on "cigars and rum" versus "gambling, drugs and broads"....

AKA "other expenses" on the household account

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Thanks.

I have issues but they pale in comparison to the some of the true masters here on FOH; cough, @Bohn007, et al.

As I just bought two new 74 quart Ziplock containers and took delivery of two more pounds of beads, I feel like my issues only escalate with time. Might need some rum to think about it...... LOL

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Good thing is I still have room for a couple more "special" boxes.  Just need to decide what those will be.

I have recently been buying more of the Montecristo Especial and Especiales No. 2. Smoking more Montecristo overall lately though although I still have a passionate relationship with the Connoisseur A. 

34 minutes ago, Bohn007 said:

As I just bought two new 74 quart Ziplock containers and took delivery of two more pounds of beads, I feel like my issues only escalate with time. Might need some rum to think about it...... LOL

You are truly the Jedi master!!

34 minutes ago, Bohn007 said:

I have recently been buying more of the Montecristo Especial and Especiales No. 2. Smoking more Montecristo overall lately though although I still have a passionate relationship with the Connoisseur A. 

Have you tried any of those 80th anniversary yet?

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2017 at 1:55 PM, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Have you tried any of those 80th anniversary yet?

I did have one. I think it smoked great but will only continue to get better over time. I shared a Montecristo 520 EL with a friend last night and it blew his mind. I think the 80th Anniversario will have the same effect in a few years. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Guilty on all counts. Just in case these were not mentioned- The first thing you do when you get up in the morning is to set your phone alarm for 10 minutes prior to 24:24 starting times. You buy an "end table" for your living room which is actually another humidor ?

• Like 2

We should add;  the ability to understand "available" or "out of stock" in multiple languages while browsing stock online.        

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm in there up to my ears....

Yes, I DO know the name of the guys are the post office - where I DO have a PO box for cigars...

I use boveda packs for my desktop

I have a wineador

I have a cabinet AND a tower humidor

Probably have 15 cutters, and as many lighters.

I even have a "groucho marx" ashtray....

I feel good   :clap:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CrankYanker said:

My wife told me over the weekend that this is much more of a hobby than she thought....

Just started my 3rd Tupperdor last week

I'm tracking my USPS packages online with updates sent to me via text

My friends are telling me I know way more about cigars then they want to know

And it down hill from here, you have started down that extremely slippery slope. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/24/2017 at 1:47 PM, CrankYanker said:

My wife told me over the weekend that this is much more of a hobby than she thought....

Just started my 3rd Tupperdor last week

I'm tracking my USPS packages online with updates sent to me via text

My friends are telling me I know way more about cigars then they want to know

And the adventure has only just begun.... Welcome to Camp Winnepesaukee!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have finally figured this place out! This is the place you come and admit that you make buying decisions based on finding that perfectly sized box that you can cram into that one humidor that you haven’t seen for a while, but in a drunken state recalled that it had some more room ...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

....but in a drunken state recalled that it had some more room ...

May I rephrase based on my own experience...?  

"...but in a drunken state recalled that you mistakenly thought it had some more room ..."

You're welcome!

:ok:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 7:46 AM, TBird55 said:

My aristocrat is packed, my locker is filling up, but I just had to have that psp HDM DC.  Guess it's time to call Bob, again....:wub:

You can never have too many Hoyo de Monterrey DC. Now that I think about that, I realize that I say that about most cigars

• Like 4

• 7 months later...