Camp Winnepesaukee

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I sit here waiting for the latest 24/24, outside, wearing a parka, in 47 degree weather, smoking a 2008 Epicure #2, I thought it was time to create the thread for all of our future homes, Camp Winn

... you guys are amateurs! Why? A pro gets a PO Box just for his cigars. Just letting you know! (Yes, I have a PO Box!!!) -the Pig

What's a camper to do?  After having four 80 quart tupperdors filled and running out of room, I went with another alternative based on inspiration from some of brothers in Europe. These work well

Good to know I have a little ways to go before I have a real problem... 

No PO box for me - my stash gets shipped to my office.

2 hours ago, mnmlst said:

If you have a cabinet there... even better. No sense smoking in enemy territory, when you don't have too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miller1985 said:

If you have a cabinet there... even better. No sense smoking in enemy territory, when you don't have too. 

Luckily, my wife loves the smell of a Cuban cigar (she can tell the difference from an NC and calls CCs 'the good ones'). 

And actually, the office delivery is more so the CCs don't sit in my mailbox and I can inspect them right away, than it is for stealth. The OLH is for stealth. ?

Do I have to live with you all or can I live with my Uncle in Osippee?  I'll be right on Pork Hill Rd.  Come hang out at the Wolfboro water plant on Beech Pond any time!  

Just for that comment, I am tea bagging your pillow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I had the wifey take pics of my cigars that were delivered Tuesday. (I am up in Estes Park for 5 days at a time for the next year) I also had her pull the sponges from the cooler and monitor temps and rH's.
I think we need to do a group buy for molecular sieves (beads).

35 minutes ago, Hurltim said:

I had the wifey take pics of my cigars that were delivered Tuesday. (I am up in Estes Park for 5 days at a time for the next year) I also had her pull the sponges from the cooler and monitor temps and rH's.
I think we need to do a group buy for molecular sieves (beads).

One more sign that we all have a problem. While I just had another pound of beads delivered today and ordered two more 60 quart Ziplocks last night, the idea of saving a couple of dollars and doing a bulk purchase of beads sounds appealing. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hurltim said:

Tim, don't ever let that woman go.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tim, don't ever let that woman go.......

It's like a Jedi Mind Trick she plays on me.

Me: "Hey Hon? are YOU SURE it's OK if I buy more cigars??"

Jen: "Of course honey...you enjoy it. Have fun."

WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT????

Oh the guilt...the shame...

Sharp as a tack that one :)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hurltim said:

It's like a Jedi Mind Trick she plays on me.
Me: "Hey Hon? are YOU SURE it's OK if O buy more cigars??"
Jen: "Of course honey...you enjoy it. Have fun."

WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT????

Oh the guilt...the shame...

Sharp as a tack that one :)

Mine responds the same but as the tidal wave of boxes have been hitting the house, she hasn't been able to help but notice. When she started looking out the window to see if more boxes were piled out in front of the house before I did, I knew that I was in trouble. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

One more sign that we all have a problem. While I just had another pound of beads delivered today and ordered two more 60 quart Ziplocks last night, the idea of saving a couple of dollars and doing a bulk purchase of beads sounds appealing. 

I'm in on a bulk bead buy - could use at least 2-3 pounds - what brand and % we talking?  Is the value there for a big pound buy then add $6 more for shipping each one...

My 36th wedding anniversary is next Wed.

With all the boxes coming in (she maybe knows about half) and getting the new tower humi (she hasn't even seen it yet) I figured I'd better go big on this one.

For this Saturday night I got us 5th row smack dab center orchestra for "On Your Feet" - Broadway musical about Gloria Estefan....of course she's Cuban LOL...LOL...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mnmlst said:

This will change.  You will start setting an alarm every day to remind you to log in to 24:24.

After that, you know you are a camper when your loving wife tells you.... "You know, you will never smoke all those cigars in your lifetime."  :clap:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

This will change.  You will start setting an alarm every day to remind you to log in to 24:24.

After that, you know you are a camper when your loving wife tells you.... "You know, you will never smoke all those cigars in your lifetime."  :clap:

And I thought that I was the only sick man that did that

2 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

I turned my alarm off last week.

My internal clock runs about 30-60 minutes late and I have to say, I've been a little disappointed that so many boxes have been left by the time I do log in. The hope was that they'd be gone by the time I remembered to look so I wouldn't be tempted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mnmlst said:

I turned my alarm off last week.

My internal clock runs about 30-60 minutes late and I have to say, I've been a little disappointed that so many boxes have been left by the time I do log in. The hope was that they'd be gone by the time I remembered to look so I wouldn't be tempted.

IMG_9507.JPG

• Like 2

My 36th wedding anniversary is next Wed.

With all the boxes coming in (she maybe knows about half) and getting the new tower humi (she hasn't even seen it yet) I figured I'd better go big on this one.

For this Saturday night I got us 5th row smack dab center orchestra for "On Your Feet" - Broadway musical about Gloria Estefan....of course she's Cuban LOL...LOL...

Congrats Barry!!! I am a big, burly jackass most days but Jen is without a doubt, the single greatest love of my life. I don't know what I would do without her.

• Like 1

Can't help myself...crack up every time I read the title.  Some years back, one of my favorite radio personalities, Jim Phillipps on The Phillipps Phile would recount his camping and fishing adventures in the outdoors.  His favorite place here in Florida was the infamous Lake Lickasnatchee!  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jwr0201 said:

Can't help myself...crack up every time I read the title.  Some years back, one of my favorite radio personalities, Jim Phillipps on The Phillipps Phile would recount his camping and fishing adventures in the outdoors.  His favorite place here in Florida was the infamous Lake Lickasnatchee!  

Must have been near Tampa and Mons Venus...... LOL

• Like 2

You know you are over the edge when it's 45 degrees outside and you are wearing a parka just to enjoy a smoke. When the smoke needs to be relit, the lighter doesn't work until you place it on the heating duct in the house 

• Like 2