Camp Winnepesaukee

This thread had me smiling since the first post. It's rare for me to read a thread that has more than 2-3 pages from start to finish. Long story short, I think we've all had these experiences in one way or another during the journey that is "cigar life".

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I sit here waiting for the latest 24/24, outside, wearing a parka, in 47 degree weather, smoking a 2008 Epicure #2, I thought it was time to create the thread for all of our future homes, Camp Winn

... you guys are amateurs! Why? A pro gets a PO Box just for his cigars. Just letting you know! (Yes, I have a PO Box!!!) -the Pig

What's a camper to do?  After having four 80 quart tupperdors filled and running out of room, I went with another alternative based on inspiration from some of brothers in Europe. These work well

On 11/8/2016 at 4:41 PM, Bohn007 said:

2. You stand near the window looking for the arrival of your local mailman for the arrival of new boxes. 

I used to make fun of the dog for staring out the window longingly. Now she laughs at me for doing the same, waiting for my friend the mailman.

• Like 1

Of course, another qualification for admission to Camp W is most of us have at one time or another felt remorse and regret over a recent purchase. Only to get over it again and buy another box of something we "have" to have

• Like 1

I'd love to act like I have more self control than all of you, but I think we all know that it's a lie. Although, I haven't bought a box in a month so at this point I'd say I'm "Recovering" until something comes up that I must get. Glad there's a spot on this earth for people like us. :) 

12 minutes ago, SloppyJ said:

I'd love to act like I have more self control than all of you, but I think we all know that it's a lie. Although, I haven't bought a box in a month so at this point I'd say I'm "Recovering" until something comes up that I must get. Glad there's a spot on this earth for people like us. :) 

Welcome to Camp W. Feel free to share your stories of embarrassment with us and enjoy a drink. I am almost where you are but I think that I need one more box of Connie A's before I stop....... then again, there are some nice Regionals coming out too. LOL

• Like 2

JBAs are the equivalent of having to ask a counsellor for your spending money so you don't do it all at once on Haribos. Is there going to be a camp bank system for those that aren't responsible enough?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Akela3rd said:

JBAs at the equivalent of having to ask a counsellor for your spending money so you don't do it all at once on Haribos. Is there going to be a camp bank system for those that aren't responsible enough?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Since banking is my industry, I don't know why we can't have our own OLH in which you can store your boxes and then issue letters of credit with which people can buy more boxes. Perhaps something for Rob to consider. If you have $1,000 in cigars, you should be able to buy another $500 with a reasonable interest charge......LOL

On 11/9/2016 at 11:47 AM, PigFish said:

... you guys are amateurs! Why? A pro gets a PO Box just for his cigars. Just letting you know!

(Yes, I have a PO Box!!!)

-the Pig

HA! Or, when the lady from the office walks into the kitchen and all you hear is "Chef! another delivery of Accessories from the land down under!"  The rest of my kitchen staff now laughs... "Another one!, where are you putting all of those boxes?"  

Piggie or Bob Staebel will be doing some business with me soon.... Need more storage space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chefalan86 said:

HA! Or, when the lady from the office walks into the kitchen and all you hear is "Chef! another delivery of Accessories from the land down under!"  The rest of my kitchen staff now laughs... "Another one!, where are you putting all of those boxes?"  

Piggie or Bob Staebel will be doing some business with me soon.... Need more storage space.

If you have moments when you are not actually worried about running out of space, you are doing better than I. 

• Like 1

You all are hilarious.

My system is simple:

1) Ship to my office address.  I love hearing from my assistant that I have another package from Australia, Switzerland etc.  The day she asked what was in all of these packages was hilarious. It was about two years in and she had taken delivery of so many of these packages when she asked.  When I told her they are boxes of cigars she rolled her eyes and just said "men are ridiculous." LMAO

2) I have a credit card JUST for my cigar hobby.  My wife knows about it - lying or cheating a spouse should be grounds for expulsion.  I can't stand liars and cheats. Just man up and tell your spouse what you LOVE and let her support you.  My love of cigars used to run over $1,000 per month a couple of years back.  My wife thought it was excessive since I do have multiple children, the voice of reason as always, so I modified my buying. Spousal support is so key to be able to enjoy this hobby fully.

3) I quit obsessing with my storage because unlike PigFish I am not an engineer.  I have SEALED long term storage I do not open more than once every six months to check for mold.  

4) My pulse still races with excitement when I make a purchase or receive a package. It's like the first time, every time!

Cheers!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Orion21 said:

You all are hilarious.

My system is simple:

1) Ship to my office address.  I love hearing from my assistant that I have another package from Australia, Switzerland etc.  The day she asked what was in all of these packages was hilarious. It was about two years in and she had taken delivery of so many of these packages when she asked.  When I told her they are boxes of cigars she rolled her eyes and just said "men are ridiculous." LMAO

2) I have a credit card JUST for my cigar hobby.  My wife knows about it - lying or cheating a spouse should be grounds for expulsion.  I can't stand liars and cheats. Just man up and tell your spouse what you LOVE and let her support you.  My love of cigars used to run over $1,000 per month a couple of years back.  My wife thought it was excessive since I do have multiple children, the voice of reason as always, so I modified my buying. Spousal support is so key to be able to enjoy this hobby fully.

3) I quit obsessing with my storage because unlike PigFish I am not an engineer.  I have SEALED long term storage I do not open more than once every six months to check for mold.  

4) My pulse still races with excitement when I make a purchase or receive a package. It's like the first time, every time!

Cheers!

Funny reading this as I just had to explain to the office staff what the shipments were that were arriving. An explanation turned into more of a story about cigars and comparing CC to NC and hearing one of the girls first experience smoking a cuban cigar at the age of 14. They thought the whole thing was very interesting. As for the Mrs., I don't hide them from her but I don't think she has realized the magnitude of the hobby as the containers, like yours are sealed and dark so you can't see inside them. She thinks the hobby is "cute" and I think is happy that I am not out drinking with the guys or spending the money on other women. For her, the hobby is harmless compared to the potential other things that other guys do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orion21 said:

You all are hilarious.

My system is simple:

Cheers!

... rule at the camp! Never appear to criticize a camp counselor!!! -LOL

Carry on!!! -the Pig

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PigFish said:

... rule at the camp! Never appear to criticize a camp counselor!!! -LOL

Carry on!!! -the Pig

Sounds like he will be assigned to do the dishes for a week or have to collect firewood. LOL 

• Like 1

I work in a small engineering firm. The owner has a humidor, more for looks than anything I suppose. Either way, I made up a self imparted "tax" and give him a single of anything that I get shipped to the office. It cut down on the weird looks I was getting there for a few months where I had what seemed like at least one box per week arriving. 

Most of my coworkers just shake their head and think I'm stupid for buying cigars. Yet I'd be willing to bet that they spend much more money on cigarettes than I do on cigars.  

• Like 2

One of my brother-in-laws (not the cigar smoker) breaks my balls about the cigars I'm buying.

Yet he is a sh-t golfer who goes out and golfs when he can.  I don't golf - not that there is anything wrong with it...

So I finally said to him "you know my cigar collecting is a lot better than pissing away $200 to knock a ball around for 5 hours and a baloney sandwich and have nothing to show for it."  "Let's see 15 rounds for $200/each = $3000 plus balls and equipment for another $1000 = $4000/year pissed away.  When my 20 boxes of stogies I buy for the year are worth double in  5 years cause of supply and demand I'll be the one doing the laughing..."

It shut him up real fast.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Orion21 said:

You all are hilarious.

My system is simple:

Cheers!

My wife knows too.  Heck, I have known her since high school and the containers are clear and stacked 6 feet high in my office at the house.  

Hence the comment, "You know, you will never smoke all those cigars in your lifetime."

I need more cigars, like she needs more purses, but we both have our passions and they are not hidden.

That said, what is said and done at camp stays at camp, comprende?;)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bohn007 said:

Sounds like he will be assigned to do the dishes for a week or have to collect firewood. LOL 

... camp councilor punishments range for the severity of the transgression. Luckily they are sometimes so pleased by being given a nice cigar, that their memories fail them! -Piggy

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BarryNY said:

One of my brother-in-laws (not the cigar smoker) breaks my balls about the cigars I'm buying.

Yet he is a sh-t golfer who goes out and golfs when he can.  I don't golf - not that there is anything wrong with it...

So I finally said to him "you know my cigar collecting is a lot better than pissing away $200 to knock a ball around for 5 hours and a baloney sandwich and have nothing to show for it."  "Let's see 15 rounds for $200/each = $3000 plus balls and equipment for another $1000 = $4000/year pissed away.  When my 20 boxes of stogies I buy for the year are worth double in  5 years cause of supply and demand I'll be the one doing the laughing..."

It shut him up real fast.

...my cigars look good, smell good and make me happy! They are like money in the bank and they are the envy of the free world, unlike your golf game!

Cheers! -Piggy

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

My wife knows too.  Heck, I have known her since high school and the containers are clear and stacked 6 feet high in my office at the house.  

Hence the comment, "You know, you will never smoke all those cigars in your lifetime."

I need more cigars, like she needs more purses, but we both have our passions and they are not hidden.

That said, what is said and done at camp stays at camp, comprende?;)

LOL, mine is a more recent marriage but she can obviously see the containers and I learned early on that she was pretty AND smart even if she doesn't say anything. My cigar habit is like her clothing habit in general. As i am reminded, she wasn't born fancy but thinks that she was born "to be" fancy.......LOL. It's all tongue in cheek with us and still having a ball after 6 years of marriage. Still, no reason to bring attention to all the cigars if I don't have to. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

Since banking is my industry, I don't know why we can't have our own OLH in which you can store your boxes and then issue letters of credit with which people can buy more boxes. Perhaps something for Rob to consider. If you have $1,000 in cigars, you should be able to buy another $500 with a reasonable interest charge......LOL

Heck I have about 2K just in the last few orders with Rob...Add to that a new 5K price tagged humidor that is about to be complete from Aristocrat...When does it end!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clutch5150 said:

Heck I have about 2K just in the last few orders with Rob...Add to that a new 5K price tagged humidor that is about to be complete from Aristocrat...When does it end!

That is the point, especially if you are also smoking Regionals and EL's, there is always one more box to buy........

• Like 1