Camp Winnepesaukee

4 hours ago, clutch5150 said:

The racing coaches don't think it's a good idea with my left elbow resting out the window holding a stogie while lapping...Can't figure out why though.  I wear my seat belts:sleeping:

20141126_211532_resized.jpg

That's why you clench it in your teeth!!!

Wait... You do have teeth I hope.  

Praying I didn't just stick my foot in my mouth…

• Like 1

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I sit here waiting for the latest 24/24, outside, wearing a parka, in 47 degree weather, smoking a 2008 Epicure #2, I thought it was time to create the thread for all of our future homes, Camp Winn

... you guys are amateurs! Why? A pro gets a PO Box just for his cigars. Just letting you know! (Yes, I have a PO Box!!!) -the Pig

What's a camper to do?  After having four 80 quart tupperdors filled and running out of room, I went with another alternative based on inspiration from some of brothers in Europe. These work well

5 hours ago, clutch5150 said:

My Minister of Finance got tired of ordering me cigars for Christmas...This year it's 20 laps with the 458 Italia and the 488 GTB. The racing coaches don't think it's a good idea with my left elbow resting out the window holding a stogie while lapping...Can't figure out why though.  I wear my seat belts:sleeping:

20141126_211532_resized.jpg

Love the Ferraris. I rented one a few years back and took a tour with it around Oahu for the day. That was before I married my current amazing wife and was with the ex-Mrs. Bohn. She thought that the idea of taking a Ferrari around the island was a dumb idea and wanted to lay out at the pool instead. Did I mention that she was the ex? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SaintMickey® said:

Is there an application I need to fill out?

Not so much an application as a realization....  

20+ boxes on order that won't arrive before Christmas...?   Probably qualified.  

Over 500 count (on hand or your OLH) of a single vitola because "I just love it!"?  You're in.

Sick (sometimes unbearable) feeling in the pit of your stomach about how to pay for it all?  Pull up a three-legged stool and sit by the fire with me.  It's gettin' cold at The Lake.

• Like 3

How about....
Expert on air purifiers
Can give dissertation on Ozone safety
Advise friends and family that their ceiling fan is spinning the "wrong" direction
Never listen to the weatherman tell temperature and humidity without visualizing what that would do to cigars
When planning trips it's...airfare, cigars THEN hotel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just read the original post and couldn't stop laughing.  Why?   Because like Mickey EVERYONE of them hit home, and I've only been enjoying CC's for about 2 years (been on FOH for about 2 months).  One of my first holiday gifts I bought for someone this year was for my mail-person.    Good to know I'm not along in my endeavors :-).     Thanks for saying what I thought was just a unique perversion in my character!!!!

• Like 1

It was literally in the 30's in Atlanta a couple days ago...today not so much!

Me: Honey beautiful weather today...68 degrees

Wife: It's kind of breezy and raining

Me: Ah yes but that FRESH AIR. Let's open all the windows.

(I think everyone knows where this story ends...:D:rolleyes::))

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SaintMickey® said:

I honestly thought the "tent" was a joke until now...

I'm not worthy!!!

image.png

Nope, the Winter Cigar Lounge is real. Long live Camp Winnepesauke! 

finally read the first page of this wonderful post and I really laughed, then looked in the mirror and felt like those 15 rules were being read to me like I was on trial, almost making it like I was guilty of something LOL damn this cigar hobby!!

• Like 2

On 12/18/2016 at 11:05 PM, BuzzArd said:

Better you than me...!  Of course, still lit a fire even at 48°

And I haven't a tent....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

No need for fire or a winter cigar lounge here in Texas.

IMG_1560.PNG

• Like 1

Ok so my 20 year old daughter saw me working the fire out back last night to have a cigar and had another idea.  The house is on a large corner lot and we have a covered side porch entrance which is 3 sides brick and covered...

I came home to a raised "dog bed" and a table top propane heater, table, two chairs and an ashtray we bought at a junk shop 7 years ago that never gets any use. Very excited and appreciative...

A couple of photos looking in and looking out. The brick and covered porch really keep this 14,000 BTU table top's heat confined.  Short sleeve t shirt @ 52 degrees F...! 

Oh I did mention she was a college student...she said I needed a Himalayan salt lamp for..."its benefits".

Merry Christmas! I might just leave the white lights all year round

fullsizeoutput_7f9.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SaintMickey® said:

Ok so my 20 year old daughter saw me working the fire out back last night to have a cigar and had another idea.  The house is on a large corner lot and we have a covered side porch entrance which is 3 sides brick and covered...

I came home to a raised "dog bed" and a table top propane heater, table, two chairs and an ashtray we bought at a junk shop 7 years ago that never gets any use. Very excited and appreciative...

A couple of photos looking in and looking out. The brick and covered porch really keep this 14,000 BTU table top's heat confined.  Short sleeve t shirt @ 52 degrees F...! 

Oh I did mention she was a college student...she said I needed a Himalayan salt lamp for..."its benefits".

Merry Christmas! I might just leave the white lights all year round!

When you can get your kid to create a smoking lounge for you, that is a talent! 

• Like 2

When you can get your kid to create a smoking lounge for you, that is a talent! 

I think they/she realize that EVERYTHING I do it for them and so they are trying for me...which I agree is special.

But I think she probably likes to decorate more than facilitate Habanos!.

• Like 1

So in honor of Camp W I gave the shed set up a try. There are no less than four bicycles that need to be donated to Goodwill and if someone will buy that darn tractor off of me I'll have a palace!

There are two doors and I opened a window, kept the heater it in front of one door. The wall of heat or "bubble" it created was amazing… So amazing I've realized that it will have to be darn near freezing for me to use the shed.

Back to the side porch?...33a9e7364f5be857983444772b6138b0.jpga3d12d8d530581102aa29e6e41c08b99.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I can't believe how many of those apply to me. When I first started smoking, I had no idea I would contract CAS (cigar acquisition syndrome).

2. You stand near the window looking for the arrival of your local mailman for the arrival of new boxes. 
You guys wait inside for the mailman? I wait outside and meet him/her at their vehicle door. It MUST be in my hands as soon as possible. I carry it in like I'm doing the Heisman, ready to stiff arm and go over any obstacle that may present itself. I also keep my head on a swivel because anyone that looks at me must know what I'm carrying and want it for themselves. :-)

16. Your "GO" bag only contains matches, cigars, and a cutter.

• Like 1