Camp Winnepesaukee

I get home from work and the misses gives me attitude about "another box of cigars" that had been delivered and all I could think about were the other 2 boxes currently in transit... Lucky for me, I get home before she does 9 times out of 10! 

• Like 2

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I sit here waiting for the latest 24/24, outside, wearing a parka, in 47 degree weather, smoking a 2008 Epicure #2, I thought it was time to create the thread for all of our future homes, Camp Winn

... you guys are amateurs! Why? A pro gets a PO Box just for his cigars. Just letting you know! (Yes, I have a PO Box!!!) -the Pig

What's a camper to do?  After having four 80 quart tupperdors filled and running out of room, I went with another alternative based on inspiration from some of brothers in Europe. These work well

3 hours ago, Jfeath74 said:

I get home from work and the misses gives me attitude about "another box of cigars" that had been delivered and all I could think about were the other 2 boxes currently in transit... Lucky for me, I get home before she does 9 times out of 10! 

Welcome to Camp W!!

200.gif

• Like 1

In talking to @BEVOSREVENGE, he summed up a conditioned that many of us suffer from known as Cigar Acquisition Disorder or simply CAD. Also known as Steidley's Revenge. A condition where you start buying so many cigars that you actually impact the supply and demand curve in Australia. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BarryNY said:

Pretty soon I may have to start buying the materials for building myself a walk-in................................;)

Go big, after all what would it mean if you converted a bedroom into a cigar lounge? Then you could invite all of us over. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryNY said:

So I've got about 6 "care packages" lined up making their way into camp.  Ran out of room....what's a camper to do?

Time to quickly commission the second Newair 281 winedor that was still sitting in the box (bought it at the mega sale for $156)!

Don't mind the angle of the top one - have to get some odds and ends to even out the plywood base....

That's 1,010 CC and 90 NC right now between the 2 units with another 130 CC in route....

Pretty soon I may have to start buying the materials for building myself a walk-in................................;)

cigarstorage.jpg

Looking good "Old Sport"!

giphy-1.gif

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

Go big, after all what would it mean if you converted a bedroom into a cigar lounge? Then you could invite all of us over. ?

I need a good cigar lounge to visit when I am in NYC.

Just now, BEVOSREVENGE said:

I need a good cigar lounge to visit when I am in NYC.

This is exactly the type of brotherhood that is needed in this world. If each of us sends @BarryNY a sheet of cedar, he will have the New York clubhouse built in no time. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bohn007 said:

This is exactly the type of brotherhood that is needed in this world. If each of us sends @BarryNY a sheet of cedar, he will have the New York clubhouse built in no time. 

I am in!  

@BarryNY needs to get us some dimensions.

So I've got about 6 "care packages" lined up making their way into camp.  Ran out of room....what's a camper to do?

Time to quickly commission the second Newair 281 winedor that was still sitting in the box (bought it at the mega sale for $156)!

Don't mind the angle of the top one - have to get some odds and ends to even out the plywood base....

That's 1,010 CC and 90 NC right now between the 2 units with another 130 CC in route....

Pretty soon I may have to start buying the materials for building myself a walk-in................................

cigarstorage.jpg

Looks like you are listing to starboard a bit there Captain. Lol!

I have two shelves (somebody canceled) that fit the 281 that are finished. All they need is a finish sanding and they are good to go if you want them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

I am in!  

@BarryNY needs to get us some dimensions.

Right now, I'm thinking about 8 feet along the back which is an outside wall x 4 feet along both the side walls....

It keeps the 1/4" 4'x8' spanish veneer sheets from needing to be cut and they will get applied to the rock which would be the Georgia Pacific Element Barrier exterior under layment board system (no need for vapor barriers)...and 1 sheet would perfectly cover the ceiling too....the front wall gets an exterior half pane patio door.

Add five 8' solid cedar shelves along the back wall and Costco steel storage racks on both sides.  There's enough room there to start the NY locker for your storage pleasure!

I'm thinking about using the Spyder Robatics Herpstat 2 with optional RH control connected to a PureGuardian Ultrasonic cool mist humidifier and a couple of fans.

2 hours ago, Hurltim said:

Looks like you are listing to starboard a bit there Captain. Lol!

I have two shelves (somebody canceled) that fit the 281 that are finished. All they need is a finish sanding and they are good to go if you want them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

YES - I have to put 4 exact "legs" under the plywood on top of the bottom 281...the door hinge gets in the way!

PM sent my Brotha!

• Like 1

Pretty soon I may have to start buying the materials for building myself a walk-in................................

cigarstorage.jpg

Barry, my brother. I know I sent you 2 shelves for your NewAir, but from the looks of it, you don't have any room for them! Haha

Like a true Camp W lifer--never letting shelving get in the way of storage! Haha

7 hours ago, jsavoie88 said:

Barry, my brother. I know I sent you 2 shelves for your NewAir, but from the looks of it, you don't have any room for them! Haha

Like a true Camp W lifer--never letting shelving get in the way of storage! Haha

Hi my Bro...a few things to note:

1. If you look very closely in the tower...above the RA on the top shelf you will see both your shelves on an angle leaning down from left to right...they are "seasoning" in the tower which has active humidification.

2. The filled 281 has 1 of the original SS shelves, I will remove it when I reset all my boxes to divide up between both of the 281s and will put 2 of your shelves in there.  I'm also adding active humidification with an Oasis XL I picked up on sale over the holidays.

3. The new 281 is airing out and getting ready for service also with an Oasis - and I'll be adding 2 shelves I'm getting from HurlTim - so I'll be good to go..

Hi my Bro...a few things to note:

1. If you look very closely in the tower...above the RA on the top shelf you will see both your shelves on an angle leaning down from left to right...they are "seasoning" in the tower which has active humidification.

2. The filled 281 has 1 of the original SS shelves, I will remove it when I reset all my boxes to divide up between both of the 281s and will put 2 of your shelves in there.  I'm also adding active humidification with an Oasis XL I picked up on sale over the holidays.

3. The new 281 is airing out and getting ready for service also with an Oasis - and I'll be adding 2 shelves I'm getting from HurlTim - so I'll be good to go..

You have quite the setup my friend--and collection too, if I might add!

Glad you're able to use the shelves, because four for me was just way too many. Happy to hear HurlTim is sending two your way. That's what this forum is all about. BOTL helping other BOTL.

All the best,

Joe

1 minute ago, jsavoie88 said:

You have quite the setup my friend--and collection too, if I might add!

Glad you're able to use the shelves, because four for me was just way too many. Happy to hear HurlTim is sending two your way. That's what this forum is all about. BOTL helping other BOTL.

All the best,

Joe

Thanks Joe....I'm trying to catch up to all the "Pros" here.  My first box ever of CC only arrived on October 8, 2016..............I've been on a tear ever since.

Yeah - those guys that sell the prefab "winedor" loaded with shelves and drawers - just plain overkill unless you are a very casual collector.  2 shelves per 281 is max........

cigarstorage.jpg

Wow! A tower and 2 wineadors!!
I have a tower and a 120qt cooler, and told my self if I ever needed more storage than that then I have a problem, but I could definitely see another cooler or 2 in my future

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1