Camp Winnepesaukee

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I sit here waiting for the latest 24/24, outside, wearing a parka, in 47 degree weather, smoking a 2008 Epicure #2, I thought it was time to create the thread for all of our future homes, Camp Winn

... you guys are amateurs! Why? A pro gets a PO Box just for his cigars. Just letting you know! (Yes, I have a PO Box!!!) -the Pig

What's a camper to do?  After having four 80 quart tupperdors filled and running out of room, I went with another alternative based on inspiration from some of brothers in Europe. These work well

Guest Nekhyludov
54 minutes ago, Texwrangler said:

still waiting to see the definition of 'normal' on here.....:P

"Normal" is a setting on the washing machine. :D

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

What's a camper to do?  After having four 80 quart tupperdors filled and running out of room, I went with another alternative based on inspiration from some of brothers in Europe.

These work well btw.

IMG_1779.thumb.jpg.9ddab0f6741e41769495045fd79d0aa8.jpg

IMG_1777.thumb.jpg.a3a34d28c3d8dca1d608425d3b03368d.jpg

IMG_1780.thumb.jpg.805d8549300f52af81f981d914725460.jpg

IMG_1778.thumb.jpg.ab494f9b0c80d94467e21459abf41ffc.jpg

No f&cking around here!! #inspiration #i'mintrouble #plantingtheseed #whydidilook? #needitnow # :):) 

13 minutes ago, torsion said:

No f&cking around here!! #inspiration #i'mintrouble #plantingtheseed #whydidilook? #needitnow # :):) 

Zarges K470 Aluminum Case #40836 (219 Liter) x 2.  Loaded up they are heavy sob's.

I am ready for the zombie apocalypse.B)

10 minutes ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Thanks, the only problem now is I have to dig to find the treasure!!

Keep all the 3+ year set 'em and forget 'em in there......looks gorgeous.

What are you doing for humidification besides Boveda?  What are those 2 little grey things - wireless RH%?

23 minutes ago, BarryNY said:

Keep all the 3+ year set 'em and forget 'em in there......looks gorgeous.

What are you doing for humidification besides Boveda?  What are those 2 little grey things - wireless RH%?

Sensor Push are the little grey things.  They work great and I probably only need one per locker now.

Humidification is Boveda packs only.  

Humidity stays rock solid and I live in a humid climate, so there is not much to worry about.  The lockers are in my office which is the coldest room in the house, so temps stay pretty much between 68 to 70 DF year round.  Only exception is from mid July to beginning of September.  Temps outside usually run around 100 DF or above.  No way to keep the house at 70 when it is Africa hot outside with 90+% humidity.

Stuff I smoke goes in a dry box, so I have to plan ahead a little and keep a good variety in the dry humi.  As you can see, El Prez has provided plenty of variety to purchase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

The lockers are in my office which is the coldest room in the house, so temps stay pretty much between 68 to 70 DF year round.  Only exception is from mid July to beginning of September.  Temps outside usually run around 100 DF or above.  No way to keep the house at 70 when it is Africa hot outside with 90+% humidity..

Very impressive selection.  I would say more like July through November for 100+°F especially after the mild winter we had.  Gotta love the Texas gulf coast!  

P.S. After seeing that collection you're providing the smokes when we meet up at Roegels!  

3 minutes ago, SignalJoe said:

Very impressive selection.  I would say more like July through November for 100+°F especially after the mild winter we had.  Gotta love the Texas gulf coast!  

P.S. After seeing that collection you're providing the smokes when we meet up at Roegels!  

I have a few to choose from, so that won't be a problem.:lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

What's a camper to do?  After having four 80 quart tupperdors filled and running out of room, I went with another alternative based on inspiration from some of brothers in Europe.

These work well btw.

Shiny! 

1 hour ago, jsavoie88 said:

Let me know when y'all head out to Roegels! Gotta go on a Friday for beef ribs.

Sure, no problem.  I can go any time, as my office is about a block away.

58 minutes ago, Bohn007 said:

Shiny! 

The wife likes them much better than the plastic and I am too cheap to buy an Aristocrat.  

Would rather spend my $ on cigars and rum. 

• Like 1

Nice setup! Looks like you've got tons of great stuff too. I haven't checked in on Camp in a couple of weeks. You guys are great. Also provides me with examples to show the wife "Look I'm not as bad as these guys, I only have 3 footlockers a newair and 3 desktop humidors"  :rolleyes: The third footlocker is gonna be full once i get the next 3 shipments from the Prez. I'm startin' to think about the zarges...

3 hours ago, jsavoie88 said:

Let me know when y'all head out to Roegels! Gotta go on a Friday for beef ribs.

2 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Sure, no problem.  I can go any time, as my office is about a block away.

You gentleman want to call it next Friday then?  Do you both have an hour+ available to smoke at lunch?   

4 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

Shiny! 

Hey G, talk about the humidification you are using in this? Thanks Brother.

17 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

These work well btw.

Wow.....I don't know what else to say ;)

• Like 1

BTW just had a look and Zarges do a mini 24ltr version called "the camping box"...

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Thanks, the only problem now is I have to dig to find the treasure!!

Nice set up sir. Finding the boxes after you put them away is always the hardest part. 

7 hours ago, clutch5150 said:

Hey G, talk about the humidification you are using in this? Thanks Brother.

My friend, for what he has, the Broveda probably works fine. Of course, you have seen the pictures of my cabinet but in my Ziplock Weathershields, I use heartfelt beads

17 hours ago, iannai169 said:

Nice setup! Looks like you've got tons of great stuff too. I haven't checked in on Camp in a couple of weeks. You guys are great. Also provides me with examples to show the wife "Look I'm not as bad as these guys, I only have 3 footlockers a newair and 3 desktop humidors"  :rolleyes: The third footlocker is gonna be full once i get the next 3 shipments from the Prez. I'm startin' to think about the zarges...

Thanks.

I have issues but they pale in comparison to the some of the true masters here on FOH; cough, @Bohn007, et al.

• Like 1