Havana November 16 Photo Competition

I just liked the colors of these flags, flapping innocuously in the wind.  Perhaps the winds of change will make them obsolete some day, and this is just a moment in time.

Che.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"The new era and yesteryear.." Taken from our Apartment Deck at Calle N y 21 behind the Hotel Caribe. The young ladies on the deck spent hours staring into their phone. WiFi was accessible from t

Packed like Sardines on to the next thing! (We were leaving Club Habana) In the back, from left to right, @Ethernut, (My Dad) @jacketfan and @Corylax18 In the front left to right, Cuban Driv

Fishing is a common pastime in Cuba.  We ran into one fella who just fished with a line and no pole.  Whatever he caught, he sold to a restaurant.  The guy in this picture was fishing off the seawall,

1 hour ago, bundwallah said:

Something is not right in this thread.  No pics of Keith getting KeithedTM:lookaround:  :lol:

Being KeithedTM is something best experienced in person, let's be fair. Watching Keith waltz in a 8 am still dancing and buzzing from the night's frivolities is an experience that no camera can properly capture!

• Like 3

...last I saw Keith he was standing at Calle O y 21 with one Legendary Stuart Fox. Stuart with a drink in his hand and Keith looking like, "I hope we get Stuart where he's going in one piece." It was Saturday 11/19 at 7:45am.. dang those Foxes go HARD!

Cheers Keith!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 1:39 PM, Cohiba007 said:

One of the funnier moments. CanuckSar ordered this jar to be made 2 years ago. He just picked it up this day.  Notice anything wrong?

DSC00505.JPG

:( "funny" that it's correct on the certificate but wrong on the jar. Cigar Surgeon is no problem but John is. Ah well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, First Lady said:

you have no idea how right you are :D normally it is me having to de band for the mystery tastings

Haha! I figured as much! 

• Like 1

Oh, too funny.  Good to see Glen's photos on there.  And was wondering how long it would take until mention of my previous inebriations would come on here to haunt me!  LOL.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, bundwallah said:

Something is not right in this thread.  No pics of Keith getting KeithedTM:lookaround:  :lol:

• Like 1

The shot from page 1 of the thread with Stuart Fox slugging the bottle of HC SdM is indeed from "Up & Down".  Another small but hip and unique new club that the Fox brothers introduced us too.

And yes, like Brian / "Ethernut" mentioned with the stock in that picture, it was AMAZING how much stock availability was in place in the various LCDH shops during this year's trip.  I haven't seen everywhere as stocked as this going back to my first trip to the island in 2008.

And lastly, YES, Glen / "dobaman" / Aussie Motorhead-Lemmy / Shrektopus was AWESOME.  He was my partner in crime most nights, with Stuart and Andy Fox along with Andy Ryan frequently being the enablers.  Plenty of additional after-hours bars added to "the list" of doom.  LOL.

• Like 1

Speaking of Glen...

"Glen.  Buddy.  Pal.  Here we are at a nice new club, 'Up & Down'.  Come here and let's get a picture together..."

IMG_8433.JPG

"Geesus Glen!  You look creepy man!  Let's retry another one...

IMG_8438.JPG

"Holy CHRIST!!!!  Glen, you look half stoned.  One more try.  Be SERIOUS, dude!!!"

IMG_8439.JPG

"DAMMIT GLEN!!!!!  Last chance!!!!"

IMG_8442.JPG

"Oh FML..."

• Like 3