Havana November 16 Photo Competition

@Ethernut, bro you held out big time!  Those pictures are just awesome!  Great job--you clearly have a gift.  

• Like 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"The new era and yesteryear.." Taken from our Apartment Deck at Calle N y 21 behind the Hotel Caribe. The young ladies on the deck spent hours staring into their phone. WiFi was accessible from t

Packed like Sardines on to the next thing! (We were leaving Club Habana) In the back, from left to right, @Ethernut, (My Dad) @jacketfan and @Corylax18 In the front left to right, Cuban Driv

Fishing is a common pastime in Cuba.  We ran into one fella who just fished with a line and no pole.  Whatever he caught, he sold to a restaurant.  The guy in this picture was fishing off the seawall,

On 11/30/2016 at 1:27 AM, rob said:

I know this is no consolidation mate - but I can't tell you how much laughter it gave us! You're a good sport, Sir.... I mean, Jhon! ;)

Hah well that's good :D I mean what can you do at this point, getting upset isn't going to change anything. Pour a scotch, light a cigar ... carry on.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:09 AM, Fuzz said:

Lunch at La Terraza. It's a wonder they don't run out of the octopus entree.

20161113_131336.jpg

They have before.  And it SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKS.

You don't wanna see a big fat guy like me, pissed off, missing out on one of my top-5-in-Havana-foods!!!  :tantrum:

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:04 PM, Drguano said:

Actually, l took these at the Partagas Gala. The bottle never touched the table...DSC02509.JPGDSC02510.JPGDSC02511.JPG

Sorry, Doc, you're right.  At first glance, I was paying attention to the clothes being worn, not the background.  Yes, my mistake - as you said, at the gala dinner at the Melia Cohiba hall.  It was later on that night we went to Up & Down.

And also agreed.  @Ethernut's pictures are a wonderful step above the usual i-Potato pictures.  I've gone down with a digital SLR at times as well, but I don't have the skillset to do all the tinkering and messing with things to chance colour saturation, ISO, aperture, etc., etc. (nor the time or patience to do that). 

But I love pictures like these such as what he's done (and similar to Tony's / "TDLPhoto"'s in the past - helps capture the juxtapositional nature of Cuba so well.  The beauty mixed with the ugliness, the sadness mixed with the pleasure in everyday-life there.

• Like 2

I thought this was an interesting juxtaposition of architecture... The housing common to Havana Vieja along the Prado with a makeshift building from shipping containers built in the nest of a once expired structure..

DSCF1234-HDR.jpg

• Like 1

I really liked the paintings on the bottom. These little hand painted canvases were purchasable all over and were in the neighborhood of $35 CUC (although they could probably be had for $20). I came close to picking one up. Love to hang it in my office..

DSCF1121.jpg