NC prices

9 hours ago, Jimmy_jack said:

I don't do NC anymore...for the most part. It's interesting, flavor is not there, price is high, and I taste/smell the NC for days after. A Cuban didn't have that effect, tastes great comparatively and from our host costs less.

Yep! 

To the OP's original question, maybe the FDA situation has impacted NC prices?

I'm not being a snob or anything. I've only ever known NC cigars. I sold them for about 2 years in a well known local B&M that no longer exists. There simply is little to no comparison between NC and CC. It's like drinking Bud or Coors your whole life and then being served wonderful Belgian beer. To find a NC that has good flavor and takes you on a journey you're looking at $20 minimum. The last I can say was a Davidoff Yamasa. A great cigar...it was $25 for a single. WTF

Still love NCs, but have seen the price creep over the last few years, to where some just don't pass the Quality/Value proposition any longer. That being said there are some fantastic boutiques that can be had reasonably from online retailers. Yes, you are going to pay a premium from a B&M wth a lounge, but that's to be expected and rightfully so to support those added services. There is not a day that goes by that I don't receive a 15-20% off coupon with free shipping and no tax from an online retailer that still makes NCs a better bargain FOR ME,  than most CCs, otherwise I would have moved to 100% CCs long ago.

• Like 1