I am SORELY tempted....

1 hour ago, BarryNY said:

Hey Bohn007 - did you see the name of the manufacturer on the plate?  LOL...........

I noticed at the store, but was going to keep my yap shut about it and wait for our astute brethren to notice. 

Those that were sober anyway....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smoke6 said:

BuzzArd, I am thinking of doing the exact same thing.  Here is a link to see how one gent got it done and a pic of a really nice completed project.  GO FOR IT!

http://archive.cigarweekly.com/magazine/cigarticles/02-14-2008/my-ice-chest-to-humidor-conversion

That is very cool looking!  Mine will be quite stripped down compared to that though....  The porcelain interior is supposed to be a "top line" option in those.   I will not be drilling it.  Also, I don't see the need for a lot of cedar additions if everything will be in boxes anyway.  I'll probably either have made (or make up myself) some cedar trays and a shelf unit for the ice compartment, but no plans for any additional cedar.  

And I DID purchase the ice chest.  I plan to collect it tomorrow. Its a two hour drive from home and while I'm regularly there on a Monday the store is not opened that day.  Yesterday was the first time I'd been back on a not-Monday in 6 weeks.  I wondered if it would even still be there.  Called this am and struck a deal at $475.  Not horrid IMO.  Think I could humidor retro-fit and flip for well over that, but that is NOT the plan. :thumbsup:

Will keep you folks posted on progress.