Online Rum Shopping

Fosgate

Liquer stores here carry Zaya and Ron Zacapa but wanting to try some of the following. Looking for some online places that has a good selection, reputation and decent shipping rates. Anyone have any recommendations of online shippers?

Appleton Estate 12yr Rare Blend

Diplimatico Reserva Exclusiva

El Dorado 15yr

Havana Club Selection De Maestros

Plantation XO Barbados 20th Annaversary

Pusser's 15yr old naval 

not sure where you are, but here in the states http://thepartysource.com/ has some of the best selections, and they ship! http://thepartysource.com/ Don't bother with the website....it's shite, but if you call them they can help you.

8 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I found the Havana Club Seleccion de Maestros to be a bit too hot and harsh, when I tried it in Havana. Of course, after a few glasses, I didn't notice it any more. :)

...went down pretty easy after consuming a couple glasses of wine and several beers tho! ?

Guest gorob23
22 hours ago, Fosgate said:

Liquer stores here carry Zaya and Ron Zacapa but wanting to try some of the following. Looking for some online places that has a good selection, reputation and decent shipping rates. Anyone have any recommendations of online shippers?

El Dorado 15yr

Pusser's 15yr old naval 

Agree the Havana Club Selection De Maestros had a bite, the other I forgot the name was smoother BUT

try Centenario 25 gran reserva best rum I have ever had..

Rob 

9 hours ago, gorob23 said:

Agree the Havana Club Selection De Maestros had a bite, the other I forgot the name was smoother BUT

try Centenario 25 gran reserva best rum I have ever had..

Rob 

I think it was Santiago that was smoother. Santiago 11 was quite nice while there -

Take a look at K&L wines.  They ship, good prices and rotate their stock quite a bit.  Quick glance shows they carry the El Dorado 15

https://www.klwines.com/Products/r?r=58+4294966195&d=2&t=&o=8&z=False

Most importantly, they offer "K&L Exclusives" where they source single barrels then sell the bottles directly to cut costs.  The savings are passed on to you.  Hop on their newsletter to be informed of new inventory.  I buy most of my liquor via their Exclusives because the deals are so good.  Todays deals are three different 51 year old blended cask strength whiskeys for $299-$399 a bottle

• Like 1

Take a look at K&L wines.  They ship, good prices and rotate their stock quite a bit.  Quick glance shows they carry the El Dorado 15

https://www.klwines.com/Products/r?r=58+4294966195&d=2&t=&o=8&z=False

Most importantly, they offer "K&L Exclusives" where they source single barrels then sell the bottles directly to cut costs.  The savings are passed on to you.  Hop on their newsletter to be informed of new inventory.  I buy most of my liquor via their Exclusives because the deals are so good.  Todays deals are three different 51 year old blended cask strength whiskeys for $299-$399 a bottle

Seconded - I should be part owner by now, as much as I spend there :lookaround:

Had to go to Lincoln Nebraska and stopped at a liqueur store in Omaha called "The Spirit World." Stepped inside and oh my we felt like cave men. Great store, eating and bar to try a spirit before you buy. We have nothing like it at home so hats off to you guys that have a store like this. Picked up four bottles from my wish list. The pussers 15 was a bit high at $80 but taking into consideration I could drink it before I bought a bottle was pretty sweet. Jealous of anyone who has this store. If they allowed cigars I probably would have never left.
a96f654a103c9bb323a0bb45e01d0a40.jpg27ccaeac12c27b72a3566713b0f436ab.jpg9275124e623e6da799d3596b1d2f3a8d.jpgc5189eadf94c350bcc965ab79c506c2a.jpgcd470747c8e8f1808ad9f4272f4e969b.jpg2f0ed732a842e9a38c4725b31b89d8a2.jpg640d707d98b2dd2657fb0c888c6f05f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Appleton is nice, but priced at a premium.  One thing you'll notice about rum is each country has its own style of rum.  Haiti, Cuba, & Puerto Rico make leaner style.  Central America has a richer style.  Jamaica has its own style...

I found the Appleton for $32.99. It's going to be tough to beat the Zaya i think at the $25 a bottle I pay. Friend we are going to get together to taste all these with mentioned he was going to pick up a bottle of Sammy Haggars rum. I don't know if I should just bring a can of coke to try it. Looks like a straight up artificial everything in a bottle. 

You guys ever try Hampden 24 Year Old "Golden Devil" Single Barrel Jamaican Rum?  Sounds really interesting, might just pull the trigger on it.  

https://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1282486

Saw that but pulled the trigger on a bottle of their single barrel clement agricole instead ;)

Found another bottle. Not sure what to expect but Rum Ratings gave it a solid 8. Picked it up for $70. I'm new to the area and someone tipped me off the a little mom and pop store that had a load of scotch and a small rum area. They had Appleton Rare Blend and Pusser's and also a bottle of Pyrat Cask 1623 40yr old rum for $199. I was really eyeballing the Pyrat with it given an 8.8 but I thought I got some very close to the same rating for 1/4 to 1/3 of the price. If I'm gong to drop $200 on a bottle it better be a solid 9+

goslings-family-reserve-old-rum.jpg

El Dorado 15yr

Pusser's 15yr old naval 

I can recommend the plantation xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk