What do you use on your Habanos? Guillotine, Punch, V Cutter or BITE

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Start with a punch. If the draw is tight, off with her head!

this

I tend to use a punch cutter on smaller ring gauges.  Anything 47 or above I use a guillotine.  Not sure why other than it works for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duffer said:

I tend to use a punch cutter on smaller ring gauges.  Anything 47 or above I use a guillotine.  Not sure why other than it works for me.

Very different...I do the opposite. I do guilotine on small and punch on larger!?  That is how this question is going to go. I should delete now before the ridicule LOL

Really want to perfect the bite. Until then, I've had the most success with the guillotine. A v cutter is on my list though. I've only liked the punch on smaller rg cigars, otherwise it seems I can't generate enough smoke.

1 minute ago, nvnvnv said:

Really want to perfect the bite, until then, I've had the most success with the guillotine. A v cutter is on my list though. I've only liked the punch on smaller than cigars, otherwise it seems I can't generate enough smoke.

So great. And again the complete opposite of why I use punch. I love the taste an feel of the cap on my tongue.  I can't imagine cutting it off and throwing it away!

Learned the hard way that punches and cheap single blade guillotine cutters can crack the head and virtually destroy a cigar. Now I mostly use a double blade cutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really want to perfect the bite. Until then, I've had the most success with the guillotine. A v cutter is on my list though. I've only liked the punch on smaller rg cigars, otherwise it seems I can't generate enough smoke.

Use the right sized punch, there not a one size fits all option like a lot believe

aff909de3ed08fde7f67966feb7a072a.jpg
  • Like 2

I'm curious if those that responded guillotine are actually using a single blade guillotine, or a double blade curved cutter? 

There is a big difference.

This is a Guillotine (angled, single blade, like the old "off with his head" kind of guillotine)

zino-guillotine-single-blade-metal-cigar

THIS IS A DOUBLE BLADE CUTTER (sometimes called a Guillotine, but it's actually a scissor cut (2 blades pinch to cut))

31KkJf+saSL.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Philc2001 said:

I'm curious if those that responded guillotine are actually using a single blade guillotine, or a double blade curved cutter? 

There is a big difference.

My post changed ;-) Thx Phil! 

4 hours ago, backbone said:

Start with a punch. If the draw is tight, off with her head!

Same - I started punching since the start of this year and it's my favourite method right now, moistening the wrapper before hand stops cracking most of the time. The punch has saved a few more open draws

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GrouchoMarx said:

Guillotine always - I use the Cuban crafters, self sharpening perfect cutter. Works like a charm every time!

Getting one for Christmas from the wife. 

• Like 1

I use a sharp blade to gently slice around the edge of the cap before peeling it off. Pocket knife, kitchen knife, box cutter... whatever is at hand!

I want to buy a nice quality little knife dedicated to this purpose. Suggestions welcome, but perhaps I should start a new thread.