What do you use on your Habanos? Guillotine, Punch, V Cutter or BITE

7 hours ago, jazzboypro said:

Double blade guillotine cutter all the time. My Cuban Crafters perfect cutter does the job very well.

I got one for Christmas from the wife. Very happy with it so far. 

• Like 3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Start with a punch. If the draw is tight, off with her head!

this

7 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

I got one for Christmas from the wife. Very happy with it so far. 

I've had mine for almost 3 years now and it still works great. It's a lot better than the 2 Palios that i have.

* I have boo coo guillotine cutters: Zino, Cuban Crafters, Palio, Mean Sardine, ad infinitum. But I'm setting my sites on a more quality V-cutter soon. Right now I just have the freebies given to me by my local tobacconist. When I believe I have a quality, properly packed cigar I use the guillotine. If I have reason to believe that it's gonna be an underfilled airball - I use the V-cutter.

Ditto.    I've found that pinching the cap off works great on CCs asides from figurados and pyramids.  

Yup same here. Used to bite but switched to fingernails years ago. I even tried fingernails on a pyramid and am surprised how well it can work with a little patience, but I'll borrow a cutter for them when i can

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I started with guillotine, then picked up a Colibri V cutter  that I LOVE.  Just added a Cuban Crafters guillotine and it's ok, better than the cheapo ones I've used, but now I need to try a punch to add to the variety.

Going forward I plan on using the V cutter on 95% of smokes

3 hours ago, RDB said:

I use a 9mm punch on anything below 46RG, and a 13mm punch on anything bigger. Avoids any unravelling or unwanted bits in mouth. Only exception is torpedos / pyramids, which get a guillotine straight cut.

Same here. Makes a lot of sense.

On 1/6/2017 at 3:42 AM, hedgeybaby said:

I hate to admit it but..

IMG_20170105_194034.jpg

Is that made in Germany?  I think I have one and they are awesome cheap cutters.

Otherwise, Colibri V-cut for me all day.

8 hours ago, mt1 said:

Is that made in Germany?  I think I have one and they are awesome cheap cutters.

Otherwise, Colibri V-cut for me all day.

Yep. Made by Wolf in Sollingen, Germany. 

I got it for free and whilst it's pretty much on its last legs, it still works ok.

When I finally get a proper cutter, I will get a Xikar. Straight cut as I don't like v cuts.