What is your profession/job & how many cigars do you have right now?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wheelwright and restorer of Big Healeys..... an obscene number..........

If I posted it and my wife were to ever read it, she might kill me.....

I count ballots in Pennsylvania. I have between 1 and 100,000 sticks. 

Conservation ecologist working on Pacific salmon. Supply sadly dwindling with travel challenges to the Island but okay yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, puromaniac said:

Conservation ecologist working on Pacific salmon. Supply sadly dwindling with travel challenges to the Island but okay yet.

Get rid of those GODDAMM fish farms.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2020 at 2:42 PM, EricLyman said:

Old thread but anyway I personally work as a respiratory therapist and I adore my job.  
Even if a few people choose this profession, I can't understand why. The salary is quite good and the conditions the same.  
I have often wondered why so few opt for this job?  Anyway, if anyone is perhaps interested in how to become a respiratory therapist and how well you pay here and other details, then I can leave a link https://www.becomeopedia.com/respiratory-therapist/ I hope you find it useful.

@EricLyman I am actually starting RT school in the spring and couldn't be more excited. If you're stateside, any tips for school? Cheers!

On 8/29/2020 at 8:05 PM, Habana Mike said:

Cloud tech tycoon. As been said before, too many but never enough!

*maybe enough but one never knows....

Do you own a company that starts with an A.... Amazon? Is that you Jeff Bezos??

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2020 at 10:15 AM, Tstew75 said:

National Sales Manger for a Willamette Valley, OR winery

About 100 boxes...trying to limit buying but I can't seem too. In the future I want to look back & be glad I went very, very deep on the 18/19s.

We bought our house from a Sales Manager of a Willamette Valley vineyard. Enola or Eola something. 

For 13.5yrs I worked in motion capture (easiest way to describe it is those behind the scenes videos from movies where people are running around in black suits with ping pong balls all over them. We made that stuff). Recently I started working for a test lab that does materials tests for temperature and/or humidity changes. Once I've been here a bit I'm going to see if they'd run any tests on cigars to answer some of the questions like the impact of dryboxing, moisture loss (or gain) at various temps and rH, and the like. They're one of the more respected labs in moisture expansion in the country actually. 

Oh, about 1000 cigars, 60/40 NC/CC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

Hey man!!  Let's smoke together when this quarantine thing finally lifts

Stop by anytime, Bull Mountain area/99W.  PLENTY of cigars to pick from.  Enough to embarrass myself here with my obsession, so I'll keep the number to myself :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Monterey said:

Stop by anytime, Bull Mountain area/99W.  PLENTY of cigars to pick from.  Enough to embarrass myself here with my obsession, so I'll keep the number to myself :)

Dude. I'm all over it...can i pick ANYTHING? ?

Ad sales and service. I usually smoke one a night, more on the weeknight, depending how I’m feeling. I went a month with out one this winter just cuz I felt like it. I’m averaging about 9 inches worth of cigar a day now, in various formats and combinations. I have about 300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/30/2020 at 8:21 PM, benfica_77 said:

Do you own a company that starts with an A.... Amazon? Is that you Jeff Bezos??

No, not that one!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jvd1291 said:

I work with whats called "Master data" for a major pharmaceutical company in PNW WA. I probably have 15 boxes and maybe 30-40 loose sticks. Modest collection, but we all start somewhere haha.

Good start with a dozen plus boxes.

What MDM technology do you use? What are your data platforms?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Good start with a dozen plus boxes.

What MDM technology do you use? What are your data platforms?

We are using Oracle 12C at the moment, I mostly handle organization Item data but I'm learning manufacturing batch and recipe design as well. We will be switching to SAP in a year and a half to two years, which is exciting to me. I want to have good knowledge on as many systems as possible under my belt.

• Like 1

Sailing the seven seas as a personal concierge to a UHNWI. Smoking daily while we’re in port. Resting around 1600 sticks back home.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SokaKiel said:

Sailing the seven seas as a personal concierge to a UHNWI. Smoking daily while we’re in port. Resting around 1600 sticks back home.

Is it as awesome as it sounds? Are UHNWIs generous or tightwads when it comes to paying employees?

8 hours ago, GavLew79 said:

Is it as awesome as it sounds? Are UHNWIs generous or tightwads when it comes to paying employees?

Well, I’m in the yachting industry for more than 14 years after six years in hospitality, working for the same family since seven years and I’m earning a lot more than a GM at a 5* star resort is making. Base salaries for junior interior or deck crew are fairly standardized (and pretty good) across yachts these days but once you move up the ranks it depends on experience and negotiations.

With longevity and seniority comes also more time off! I work a 2:2 rotation, two month on board followed by two month at home, 12 month fully paid plus an annual bonus. Compared to cruise ships we don’t operate with guests full time but only when the owner comes on board with family or friends! This allows for lots of time in some of the most amazing places of the world while we then only work 8-5.

The rotation is the most important for me though, this gives me six month of quality time with the family and that makes up for the time that I’m away. Met my wife on board 12 years ago and she fully supports me which is very important when you’re away for long periods of time. This year is different for me as for many of you though! Been on board for three month now and most likely will do another two month before going home. Travel restrictions just don’t allow for any leave. But we’re well looked after and getting compensated for it.

Looking at my brother with his own business in Germany and two kids I firmly believe that I do have the better life and spend more valuable time with my kids!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been in the health insurance administration business all my life - a family business with my 2 brothers. Actually have 2 of my sons in the business also. Eyeing retirement in about 2 years though.

I built my own humidor cabinet that has about 33 cubic feet of space in it, powered by humidifiers I bought from Aristocrat.  Probably holds about 2,000 cigars in it currently - 95% of it cubans.  Yes, my name is CigarAsh and I have a cigar problem . . . . 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 11:55 AM, puromaniac said:

Keep it up man!! I catch a LOT of salmon down here north of San Francisco. Caught a 25lb and a 18lb early this morning before heading back in for work!