Cuban Cigar Website Update

Earlier today (7th December 2016) a devastating outage at the data centre that hosts Cuban Cigar Website resulted in a total loss of all data relating to the site - the database, user data, thousands of images etc.

Alex is currently working with the data centre staff, as well as going through his own backups, to see what can be salvaged.

The website will be down until further notice.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I occasionally do......and I cringe a little at my early versions.  I'll be coming out of retirement to help Alex re-establish the website.  It will be a bit like 2008 again.

A few more details have emerged: basically, the host had an automated process in place to create two backup copies every night. The automated process would back up the different sites in the same orde

So the latest is: all is lost. All data on the CCW server is irretrievably erased. Many of you have asked how something like this could happen: it’s as incomprehensible to me as it is to you. The

Ouch!!! That's a horrible start to the Christmas season Trevor and Alex.

Hope you can recover most. It's a treasure that will be missed while offline :(

Thanks for the support guys. The issue is at the data centre level, so unfortunately there's not a lot I can do technically... I am sending them a lot of emails though. At the moment things look pretty grim, but I remain hopeful that we'll get some kind of recovery. Will give you updates when I have them.

I am genuinely saddened by this announcement--the site is beyond legendary status.  Good luck to you guys.

• Like 1

Based on my extensive conversations with our IT department, I'd suggest passing along these suggestions to the data centre:

1. Ctrl+Z

2. Restarting the computer

3. Unplugging the router for no less than 30 seconds, then plugging it back in.

All joking aside, I was just getting the lay of the land on the website cruising for 48 RG cigars of different marcas. Tons of valuable information on the site and I hope all the data can be recovered soon!

Have been using CCW and corresponding every once a while with Trev and Alex long before I came here. Such a terrible news.

All the best to you guys!! Hope this is turning out better than it seems right now. Good luck!