Cuban Cigar Website Update

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I occasionally do......and I cringe a little at my early versions.  I'll be coming out of retirement to help Alex re-establish the website.  It will be a bit like 2008 again.

A few more details have emerged: basically, the host had an automated process in place to create two backup copies every night. The automated process would back up the different sites in the same orde

So the latest is: all is lost. All data on the CCW server is irretrievably erased. Many of you have asked how something like this could happen: it’s as incomprehensible to me as it is to you. The

Oh snap! I did not expect such a huge tragedy like this until I entered Cuban Cigar Website! I hope that Alex and Trevor will manage to recover the precious habano data soon as I am a big fan of the FOH and Cuban Cigar Website!

You guys have been a bellwether in the cigar community ever since I can remember. Just maintaining a site for 'public awareness' is a feat in and of itself, a selfless act. It would be a shame for the community to lose this valuable resource. I wish you guys "God speed" in the recovery, and thank you both for all the work in the past, now and into the future.

-Ray

At first I thought someone was playing a joke since it is Pearl Harbor Day here in the US.  This is bad news and hopefully that valuable resource will be back online soon.  Best of luck Trevor and Alex!

31 minutes ago, Rye said:

That is awesome.  At least the most important aspects are somewhere.  Of course, I tried to log in and that didn't work.  Sort of wish I had exported my stash list yesterday.  I was just looking at the site artwork hoping they didn't change it.  Super cool and old school looking.

30 minutes ago, Rye said:

Fascinating...it is a fairly up to date version...not all there, but it nearly all is.  

4 hours ago, oliverdst said:

Isnt there a mirror or something like that?

I didnt even know nowadays datacenters dont have many mirrors/backups.

Yes, many safe guards and layers can be put in place to prevent loss such as this.  Of course, level of protection is dependent on budget. 

It would be a shame if this data could not be recovered.

5 hours ago, zeedubbya said:

Fascinating...it is a fairly up to date version...not all there, but it nearly all is.  

Yes, it certainly is. I'd say last updated in early-mid 2016? Only the most current 2016 releases are missing like the Edmundo Dantes Belicoso. Hopefully this is all they need to get 99.9% of the info recovered. The last 12 months would be a piece of cake. This may be a great stroke of luck.

Thanks, Rye.

• Like 1