Cuban Cigar Website Update

2 hours ago, oliverdst said:

I cant believe this could happen nowadays.

The company lost everything? Not only CCW is down? Somehow these guys must be sued. 

Total loss is very serious. Many businesses were lost. Data protection and security is of highest importance to any provider... 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I occasionally do......and I cringe a little at my early versions.  I'll be coming out of retirement to help Alex re-establish the website.  It will be a bit like 2008 again.

A few more details have emerged: basically, the host had an automated process in place to create two backup copies every night. The automated process would back up the different sites in the same orde

So the latest is: all is lost. All data on the CCW server is irretrievably erased. Many of you have asked how something like this could happen: it’s as incomprehensible to me as it is to you. The

@ATGroom, we hear you dear esteemed friend and we share in your loss. This couldn't have come at a worse time, near Christmas, then again, when is it ever a good time to lose CCW and Dusky Beauties and your other sites? The Inventory? What a feature, but we can re-build it bigger and better and ever. Can you believe it, I took a hard copy print of my inventory 2 weeks ago. I can't wait to re-input my data when the site is back up and running!

Similarly, both myself and many other fine people here in our valued community can't wait to assist wherever we can when the time comes to re-build the site itself. We very much look forward to it!

2016-12-10 11.15.10.jpg2016-12-10 11.15.21.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bman75 said:

I apologize if someone already tried this, but what about pulling as much as possible from Internet Archive Wayback Machine?  Looks like the last snapshot was done 10-27-16.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/cubancigarwebsite.com

Sorry - just saw Rye's solution a couple pages back.  In any case, the Internet Archive Wayback Machine version might have some more recent versions of CCW's pages.

If you never used Wayback Machine, it's a lot of fun.  You can check out FOH as it looked in 2005.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎-‎12‎-‎2016 at 3:44 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

Yes, it certainly is. I'd say last updated in early-mid 2016? Only the most current 2016 releases are missing like the Edmundo Dantes Belicoso. Hopefully this is all they need to get 99.9% of the info recovered. The last 12 months would be a piece of cake. This may be a great stroke of luck.

Thanks, Rye.

The source Code states it was updated on Friday, 26 August, 2016. 

Unfortunately these mirror copies do NOT include a back-up copy of the data base.
It is a bit like just having a paper copy.

However it will be invaluable is assisting with the rebuild. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Trevor2118 said:

The source Code states it was updated on Friday, 26 August, 2016. 

Unfortunately these mirror copies do NOT include a back-up copy of the data base.
It is a bit like just having a paper copy.

However it will be invaluable is assisting with the rebuild. 

Trevor, and I think I am talking for thousands in the cigar world, what you and Alex need we will be here.

• Like 1

Just a thought, but if you do have a relatively recent flat file output of the site there's a good chance a parser can be written to extract the relevant data from the html ready to insert back into a database. It'd certainly be less painful than doing it by hand. I don't know what your current plans are, but I have some experience with writing such scrapers, if you'd like me to take a crack at getting the data back into a machine readable format let me know.

• Like 1