Let's help out Trev/Alex : Cuban Cigar Website

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a good conversation with both Trevor and Alex yesterday.  The site rebuild is progressing but there is a long way to go. I would estimate hundreds of hours of work. Let's lend them a hand.

Guys, I just wanted to say thank you all so much for your generosity - over 100 people donated, and final total was much more than I ever would have expected and will be a huge help in bringing CCW ba

It' not about donations and prizes.  If you gave in the last week, Kudos to you. The gift is in the giving. I don't give a rats in what list Alex sends me. Whatever you can do, thank you from not

dumb question...is this an international transaction? 

Yes, the money is transferred internationally, but PayPal handles that aspect of it. The payment amount is in AUD, and they do the conversion. You shouldn't get charged foreign transaction fees or anything from your bank or credit card, if that's what you're asking.

Hi guys, thanks so much for your generosity. Really touching to see the community do something like this. Thanks again for organising, Rob.

More or less all the donations seem to get reviewed - possibly because of 'cigar' in the name. Don't recall ever having one rejected though. A few years ago they suspended my account until I wrote them an essay explaining that I wasn't selling tobacco, so hopefully I'm on the clear list now.

For those of you who donated before Rob announced the competition, send me an email with your username and I'll put you on the entry list.

I'll do an update on current site status in the other thread for those interested.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, helix said:

FYI : "After an initial review, we found that your payment may not be in agreement with our Acceptable Use Policy. Because of this, we need to put this payment on hold until we can make sure it meets our requirements."

Yea I got the same thing that mine was "pending".  :angry:

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:42 PM, ATGroom said:

Hi guys, thanks so much for your generosity. Really touching to see the community do something like this. Thanks again for organising, Rob.

More or less all the donations seem to get reviewed - possibly because of 'cigar' in the name. Don't recall ever having one rejected though. A few years ago they suspended my account until I wrote them an essay explaining that I wasn't selling tobacco, so hopefully I'm on the clear list now.

For those of you who donated before Rob announced the competition, send me an email with your username and I'll put you on the entry list.

I'll do an update on current site status in the other thread for those interested.

I'm in the U.S., and when I enter the $ amount, it says AUD.  So, is the amount I'm putting in the US $ amount or the AUD $ amount?  If I want to donate $X of US dollars, do I do the conversion to figure out what that amount of $US is in AUD?

I'm in the U.S., and when I enter the $ amount, it says AUD.  So, is the amount I'm putting in the US $ amount or the AUD $ amount?  If I want to donate $X of US dollars, do I do the conversion to figure out what that amount of $US is in AUD?

Donate in USD I believe...

Example....so he will get correct amount.
$20.20 USD = $26.24 AUD

$20.00 AUD =$14.98 USD

If you donate in AUD I think it will end up "being less than you wanted" when he receives.

Hope that makes sense. Need coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, SaintMickey® said:

Donate in USD I believe...

Example....so he will get correct amount.
$20.20 USD = $26.24 AUD

$20.00 AUD =$14.98 USD

If you donate in AUD I think it will end up "being less than you wanted" when he receives.

Hope that makes sense. Need coffee.

I'm not so sure that it converts to AUD, because the $US amount I entered shows the same amount AUD, so it makes me think it is less than what I'm trying to donate in $US. 

I'm not so sure that it converts to AUD, because the $US amount I entered shows the same amount AUD, so it makes me think it is less than what I'm trying to donate in $US. 

Those numbers came from my PayPal, mine shows me both USD and AUD.

Are you on computer or mobile maybe?

26 minutes ago, SaintMickey® said:

Those numbers came from my PayPal, mine shows me both USD and AUD.emoji848.png

Are you on computer or mobile maybe?

I'm on my PC and I'm doing this through the CCW website.  Maybe I need to go straight through PayPal and send it to the email address.  I'll try that.  Thanks, Saint, for your help.  You're a good BOTL. 

• Like 1

I'm on my PC and I'm doing this through the CCW website.  Maybe I need to go straight through PayPal and send it to the email address.  I'll try that.  Thanks, Saint, for your help.  You're a good BOTL. 

I wouldn't worry about it for a few quid either way - it all helps.

I completed the process, and the amount you enter in the box is the AUD $ amount, so we in the US are actually entering less than we really want to donate.  Just be aware of that.  For example, if you enter $100, you are actually donating about $73 U.S.  Yes, not much difference, but it adds up and means a lot to Alex, I'm sure.

• Like 2