Video Review - Cohiba Maduro Genios Aged

one of the most interesting (and enjoyable) cigars of the year (not just because whipcrack was absent).

i'd be really interested in what anyone who has seen the older genios and more recent ones thinks. are they completely different? will the young ones morph into the older ones?

and try and find that gin next year. a cracker.

In my opinion, there is a difference in the Cohiba Maduro 5 line as they age. In regards to the Genios, it's generally more chocolate-y and  espresso coffee when young, when older I find that Cohiba grass comes to the fore, and they are more refined and spicy.

As for the Christmas Gin, well we may need to wait a little while for the good folks at Four Pillars to distill some more. I think my bottle has become more valuable than finding a Hatchimal Stuffed Toy for Christmas this year. At least the Bloody Shiraz Gin will be back by mid-2017. Now that's something to look forward to.

• Like 1

On 19/12/2016 at 4:09 PM, Rye said:

Excellent review video gents! 

Geez Jerr, looks like you had a case of the "jimmy-legs" right up until the bug bite. Hope you survived man

Legs were sore as hell from my run the night before. Really pushed myself.

I survived the insect/spider bite. Whatever it was. But only just. :P

On 20/12/2016 at 8:16 AM, luv2fly said:

I vote Uncle Festa be a regular on reviews.  

Me too :2thumbs:

32 minutes ago, Jeremy Festa said:

Legs were sore as hell from my run the night before. Really pushed myself.

I survived the insect/spider bite. Whatever it was. But only just. :P

Me too :2thumbs:

i love the way people think this is a democracy!

and uncle, you did not get that bite at my place, unless smithy caught you unawares. i assure you, if something here is going to bite you, there will be no doubt and that or what it is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i love the way people think this is a democracy!

and uncle, you did not get that bite at my place, unless smithy caught you unawares. i assure you, if something here is going to bite you, there will be no doubt and that or what it is.

HAHA

For the record, I was once bitten by a redback, and it didn't sting that much!!!

It must have been the ash. ^_^

Loved the review.  But I've wondered and got to ask:  how much of the love for the cigar was due to the, apparently, perfect paring with the Christmas gin?  So many of the comments included or focused on the gin I really have to wonder.

- MG

11 minutes ago, MaxG said:

Loved the review.  But I've wondered and got to ask:  how much of the love for the cigar was due to the, apparently, perfect paring with the Christmas gin?  So many of the comments included or focused on the gin I really have to wonder.

- MG

it is a really good question and there are times when i do believe one can lift the other. on this occasion, i think it was fortuitous that the gin worked so well with the ciagr but i really believe that we would have been just as positive about the cigar had we been drinking anything else.

matching cigars and "beverages" is something we will be looking at in much greater depth in 2017.

2 hours ago, Joshtupps said:

Always good to sit down and watch the new Reviews! Cheers gents.

Tupps

Tupps trying to get to 100 posts ...... ?

• Like 1

- MG

Re: Christmas Gin. I'm intrigued as to how that translates to a warm climate. Being from a winter Christmas part of the world I always associate Xmassy stuff with cold and the comforting, warming qualities they bring. These things seem somehow out of place in the summer months, but I suppose your associations are different.

Thunder & Lightening '76-'15

On 12/20/2016 at 4:40 PM, Ken Gargett said:

every chance. i was cleaning up for days!

Good thing you had some water on hand to swab the deck :)

@Jeremy Festa Great review mate! You were a great addition to the show. I hope to see more cameos from you in upcoming reviews.