You find that box in your stash, you never remembered you had.....

It's an interesting feeling to be rummaging thru your boxes and you find a box you totally forgot about.

This week I found a box of Cohiba Sublimes LE 2004 I had purchased a decade ago. I can't stand Cohiba so never smoked a single one and it was just stuck in the back totally ignored.

What have you run across recently that was a pleasant or not so pleasant surprise?

Regards.

• Like 1

Since my records disappeared with the Great Cuban Cigar Website Crisis of 2016, I have had many surprises revisiting my collection.  Mostly referring to singles and fivers that I don't think I ever recorded the first time around.  Been kinda fun to look through everything.  

• Like 4

It's funny you mention this because I found a box of D4 I forgot I had and cracked it open and low and behold I had put 10 gorgeous Epicure 2 in that box on top row.  Surely not a box of Cohiba Subilmes but was a pleasant surprise to see those cigars I thought were gone!

• Like 3

I *think* I know everything, but with 3 packed coolidors, a cabinet humidor and a kitchen cabinet I misappropriated, there are bound to be some surprises - I can't wait :)

not a box but didn't realize I had a few sticks ( la gloria cubana médaille d or no. 3) left and thatr really made me happy until I finished the last few I had that was a very sad day I miss those dearly almost like a dear friend that I lost until I can find a box again im sure I will one day cant give up!!! no no !!

17 hours ago, Shikar said:

This week I found a box of Cohiba Sublimes LE 2004 I had purchased a decade ago. I can't stand Cohiba so never smoked a single one and it was just stuck in the back totally ignored.

What have you run across recently that was a pleasant or not so pleasant surprise?

As it happens I love Cohiba.   Send 'em to me and I'll try the same experiment.  We'll confer 10years from now and I'll try to find them. 

• Like 1

I can vividly remember finding two boxes of '02 Upmann #2 at the bottom of a cooler. I bought them sometime in '04 and didn't like them so I buried them. Fast forward to around 2010 and I unearthed them again. "What the hell?" They were superb and I haven't been able to have a similar Upmann #2 experience since. Sigh.

What happens more frequently is that I remember having a handful of singles in a certain box and I open it to find a sphincter clenching one!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, golfgar said:

Just finished an inventory so now nothing is unaccounted for.  Too bad, I kept looking for THAT box but never found it.

If you found the unfound box then it's a found box.  The reason you haven't found the unfound box is well....it's still unfounded.

• Like 2

My brother took a box of Corso's from a cooler, wrapped it up and gave it as a xmas gift last year.  Was so excited until he told me hours later.  Wouldn't have known if he didn't tell me.

I hate him like only a brother could.   

• Like 2

It's an interesting feeling to be rummaging thru your boxes and you find a box you totally forgot about.

Regards.

Nice, Id love to find that someday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk