Illusione Epernay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I'm aware most of the folks here prefer CC and in general, I've really steered that way as well in the last couple of years. Just works well with the flavors I look for in a cigar. Interestingly, i

I second the ECCJs as well. I like the Epernay Le Monde but the one I keep coming back to is the HL. As a lover of thin ring guage cigars, that lancero is a 1 hour 45 minute treat that is very consist

Illusione is a top notch brand top to bottom. Epernay le grande is a go to stick for me. In addition their Singulare line is phenomenal as are the ECCJs. 

I don't know that line at all. Is it available online or just B&M? 

I have enjoyed The Griffins Robusto from time to time, they are on the mild and tasty side, and when you get them on sale at CigarBid they can be under $3 per cigar. 

• Like 1

Love the brand, it helps that they are located right here in Reno, and I get into Dion's store several times a year.  He and I have some mutual friends, and it's pretty cool going into the store and having Dion wait on you and check out your purchases!  More important is that they create amazing cigars.  

IMG_1037.JPG

• Like 3

Yep. Love the Epernay and the ECCJ. The ECCJ 15ths were especially good. The 20th are close, but not quite on the same level. Their latest, the Haut 10, is another home run. 

If you're looking for similar profiles, I highly, highly recommend the Regius black label. It's incredible close to a PSD4. 

• Like 3

I don't know that line at all. Is it available online or just B&M? 

I have enjoyed The Griffins Robusto from time to time, they are on the mild and tasty side, and when you get them on sale at CigarBid they can be under $3 per cigar. 

I've always had a lot of success getting them online for some very reasonable prices, my favorite vitola being the la ferme (hermosos #4 size, 5x48) which comes in cabs of 50. I also have a great B&M that stocks a nice selection of sizes that I'll pick up singles from time to time. Even though not in the Epernay line, the HL lancero has very similar traits and I believe was blended to fall in line with the Epernay (focus more on milder viso and seco leaves). In general, can't go wrong with the brand and definitely worth checking out!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Icaminero91 said:

I'm so surprised that you bring up this cigar as I've always considered this cigar line to be the closest to a cuban cigar.

I couldn't believe what i was tasting as i smoked it the first time.

I even went ahead and mailed the company to congratulate them.

epernay.PNG

I've done the same thing for that same reason.

Hoping in time to have an aged rotation of the Epernay and Fume lines locked and loaded.

Only NCs in my collection ATM.

I'm a fan of this line. One of the few NC's nowadays that doesn't try to blow you away with nicotine and strength, but rather with balance and complexity.

5 hours ago, Mattb82 said:

My local cigar lounge won't allow me to bring in cc anymore so this may need to become my go to moving forward when I'm there and cant sneak a cc

They cut you off? Did you try and buy other things to support them? 

Illusione is one of my favorite cigar companies. The Epernays are fantastic. The Fume D'Amours are fantastic. The original documents are (mostly) fantastic. I really enjoyed the new Garigiste, though I found that quite full and peppery, so it might not be to everyone's taste. The Epernay (and FD'A as well) offer a pretty unique flavor profile for a boutique Nicaraguan and they really demonstrate how much flavor you can get in a light to medium cigar.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

They cut you off? Did you try and buy other things to support them? 

Yeah they don't want to see Cubans , I still sneak some. They actually credit everyone $200 per month from the monthly dues that have to be spent on cigars so I'm accumulating way to many NC in my locker there.  It's a davidoff lounge so the rules are a little tight, but it's the closest lounge to me. Nice people there though, just don't support Cubans 

Glad to see Illusione, and the Epernay in particular, getting some love here.  It's such a nicely balanced cigar, and for me it slots in nicely alongside anything I'm smoking out of Cuba.  As others have mentioned, the ECCJ is another great one, as are the various Singulare releases.  They're such a stark contrast with the typical NC power bombs.  I would also add some Warped lines into that category, especially the Don Reynaldo, La Colmena and their new Villa Sombra.  While these all have some striking similarities with many CCs, I think they also all bring something flavor-wise you don't quite get from Cuba.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but my point is that I think they're more than just imitations.  They all stand on their own for me.

• Like 4