Illusione Epernay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I'm aware most of the folks here prefer CC and in general, I've really steered that way as well in the last couple of years. Just works well with the flavors I look for in a cigar. Interestingly, i

I second the ECCJs as well. I like the Epernay Le Monde but the one I keep coming back to is the HL. As a lover of thin ring guage cigars, that lancero is a 1 hour 45 minute treat that is very consist

Illusione is a top notch brand top to bottom. Epernay le grande is a go to stick for me. In addition their Singulare line is phenomenal as are the ECCJs. 

I haven't smoked an Illusione that I haven't liked. They are a great NC choice, I've always been particularly fond of the Fume D'Amour and the Cruzado lines. The construction is always good and the flavor profiles are on point with many subtle changes throughout.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Philc2001 said:

I don't know that line at all. Is it available online or just B&M? 

I have enjoyed The Griffins Robusto from time to time, they are on the mild and tasty side, and when you get them on sale at CigarBid they can be under $3 per cigar. 

Depends on the store really, but here is a nice website that pretty much carries their entire line

About halfway down the page:

http://www.newhavanacigars.com/Cigars_Brands_at_NewHavanaCigars_com_s/1.htm

12 hours ago, RWhiz said:

Love the brand, it helps that they are located right here in Reno, and I get into Dion's store several times a year.  He and I have some mutual friends, and it's pretty cool going into the store and having Dion wait on you and check out your purchases!  More important is that they create amazing cigars.  

IMG_1037.JPG

I didn't know Dion has a store, that's very cool!

I very much enjoy this line especially.  HL,eccj, ultra etc. Has anyone else noticed a change in blend or construction over the last year or so?  I have  had issues with them that were out of character and have been smoking them for many years. Just curious.

21 hours ago, Philc2001 said:

I don't know that line at all. Is it available online or just B&M? 

I have enjoyed The Griffins Robusto from time to time, they are on the mild and tasty side, and when you get them on sale at CigarBid they can be under $3 per cigar. 

Based on your posts, I know that you like thinner ring guage cigars, too. Try the Illusione HL. I'd be very curious to see what you think of it. Illusione are available both online as well as at B&M. For a boutique cigar, I'm amazed at how consistent they have been since their inception. We're all too familiar with the one hit wonders both on the CC as well as the NC side.

• Like 1

I have always like the illusione line. Very similar to several of the CC's I have tasted.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, watches_whiskies_cigars said:

Based on your posts, I know that you like thinner ring guage cigars, too. Try the Illusione HL. I'd be very curious to see what you think of it. Illusione are available both online as well as at B&M. For a boutique cigar, I'm amazed at how consistent they have been since their inception. We're all too familiar with the one hit wonders both on the CC as well as the NC side.

Thanks WWC! I'll keep an eye out for them when I get a little low on my NCs. At the moment I'm well stocked, but I honestly am not smoking NCs. 

I recently sold off a bunch of aged NCs I just knew I wouldn't get around too anytime soon, and frankly I still have a bunch Premium and Super Premium NCs I probably should sell too. The silly thing about storing cigars is you actually forget how many you have and you keep buying more.  

• Like 1

On 12/21/2016 at 10:34 AM, Philc2001 said:

I have enjoyed The Griffins Robusto from time to time, and when you get them on sale at CigarBid they can be under $3 per cigar. 

One of the best regular finds on CBid, now i know who's getting them when i lose lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ndhaon91 said:

I highly, highly recommend the Regius black label. It's incredible close to a PSD4. 

Have you tried the Mitchell Orchant seleccion, it really reminds me at times of the D4 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GWG said:

I very much enjoy this line especially.  HL,eccj, ultra etc. Has anyone else noticed a change in blend or construction over the last year or so?  I have  had issues with them that were out of character and have been smoking them for many years. Just curious.

They had some cigars being made at Racies Cubana, a factory that went through some serious hiccups. But most of production is now at TABSA, all is well

Had my first yesterday during an atypical visit to a cigar lounge.  Cigar lounge was ok, just not my preference as I prefer my own back yard or at least outside.  Cigar was excellent!!  If stuck away from the house where all my cc live, this is an excellent substitute when out and about.

• Like 1

I enjoy everything from Illusione, and in these cold winter months the "68" (Petite Corona, 4x44) hits the spot.  Nicaraguan Puro, but not a pepper bomb. 

IMG_2338.JPG

• Like 2

Having an Eparney petit corona, I can't remember the name of the thing, after a great ski day with my boy!  This cigar and the 68 pictured above are two of the reasons I haven't tried many Cuban PCs.  

IMG_1045.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...