How to Plan a Herf

Sounds great to me...

- bunch of FOH'ers and other CC enthusiasts;

- private venue with great views;

- light appetizers and horse doovers with more significant food available for purchase;

- free water with other beverages, including some hooch, available for purchase.

Sounds bad to me...

- advertisers;

- vendors;

- nc snobs (read as those who only smoke nc and harass those that smoke cc or a mix);

- too many people for the space;

I tend to agree with Ray and SaintMickey.  I'd drive a long way and make a weekend out of an FOH herf.  I probably wouldn't do the same for an nc lounge experience.

• Like 3

First off, thanks for all the responses.

Trust me guys, most of the issues you all have brought up have played through my head.  I want to insure that we cover our fixed costs for the evening, that's all.  Wages for staff, food beverages etc.  It's not really intended to be a commercial endeavor, just want to co.ver costs.  Long term I'd like to get the cafe some exposure, from those attending and any chat about the event afterwards too.  Maybe make it an annual event or monthly when weather permits.  

Personally I would accept any BOTL regardless of their smoking choice, I too dislike snobs and would work to insure that all BOTL and SOTL can feel comfortable.  

As for occupency, we are limited to 42 customers per fire code.  This is pretty standard for this area.  The patio would not be able to support all 42 at once, maybe 30 or so.  However we are right across from the beach, a boat launch and a pier.  I envision participants spending some of their time checking out the pier and such.  Coming back to re-fill their glasses and light up a new stick of course!  

After eading through the replys, we are really starting to plan and prepare for this.  Thanks and please keep any and all suggestions coming!

• Like 1