Alien: Covenant

Fosgate

Hopefully it will be like the ORIGNAL but better with today's Technology 

heres hoping:hole: 

Cautiously optimistic here.  Prometheus looked great in the previews but was utter crap in the end.  Not liking the "hey we don't need spacesuits to take a walk on an alien planet" approach which was a major flaw in Prometheus. 

Looks like they are going to exploit that flaw in the next one. Spores?

Anyone notice when they asked how long they were in hypersleep and they are going through the months, days and "...36 hours" was mentioned? I was like, wait, what?" 

What about the importance of this advanced ship, carrying Mr Weyland himself and daughter to go potentially meet the engineers and they choose a man to lead the mission with the demeanor of Kurt Russel in Captain Ron?

None of the other crew members seem to be worried about being kept in the dark. Everyone wakes up introducing themselves and get their mission brief. Um, before you agree go on a several year long mission wouldn't you find out at least who your going with? What about when crew members go missing? You think someone would ask whats going on. 

Two guys (Geologist and Biologist) see a couple fossilized bodies and they are all like "i didn't sign up for this." And bolt and everyone else is like, ok see you back at the ship. Imagine if a couple Paleontologist, biologist today and you come across a fossil in Antarctica and they want to bolt. That would probably end up with one huge ass chewing and the end of ones career. 

The ship didn't see a storm coming yet they tell the two stranded guys it'll pass by morning? If they did not see the storm coming how do they know when it is leaving. Oh well, better go have shallow sex with the boss's daughter. 

Holloway= Tool, guy is all excited and cant wait till morning to open his present, takes his helmet off due to impatience and excitement and gets pissy when they have to go back to the ship. Gets back you think he would want to see them experiment with the head or look at anything else they collected but noooo. He gets hammered instead. And when he gets infected and the team is protesting heavily, why did no one have a go at Theron for frying him. (By the way going in a spacesuit to a flamethrower is a horrible way to go. With a helmet on the flame doesn't instantly use up the O2 causing one to suffocate and die quickly and almost painlessly. Instead he probably would have died from trauma of the pain instead.)

Cobra thing: So the biologist who ran at the sight of a fossilized body comes up talking and reacting to a cobra like tentacle thing talking to it like a puppy not knowing if it is lethal or not. Just absurd. 

C-Section: That was an amazing recovery. nuff said. 

They don't bother to explain what David says that pisses off the engineer to rip his head off, why they wanted to exterminate humanity and why they left a map to the location of their weapons development facility for the entire earth to see. 

They movie was eye candy and well acted..just a shitty story with poor development of characters and everything else. 

The prequels to Aliens is unfortunately even worse than the prequels to Star Wars.  Just no original idea and full of stupidity. 

I love sci-fi/fantasy and I'm more than willing to suspend disbelief but Prometheus was beyond stupid.  Trillion dollar expedition and you send a rag tag, unprofessional crew?  They can't afford a few scientific equipment and had to resort to a duffel bag to bring the science payload back to the mother ship?  Artifacts been around for thousands of years and these idiots had to rush to it without taking any sensible precautions or employing any rational method?  C'mon how stupid do they think the audience is to believe that this is credible behavior.

If this crew was representative of the human race on Earth, I fully understand now why the Engineers admitted they screwed up and want to restart.  Totally make sense now why the Engineer survivor decided to kill all the humans (without provocation or investigation) upon being revived.  A race of aliens wise enough, intelligent enough and technologically advance enough to travel the stars and seed many worlds are pure instinctive killers....yeah right, a-huh....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So a segment release. Looks like a decent cast that they will get the audience to bond with.....right before they get served up as meals on wheels. 

Anyone else try to avoid trailers for movies that they're interested in, and go in cold?  

For example, the moment I started to get intrigued in Logan (which I'm going to go see tomorrow) I decided to not watch the trailers.  I mean, I'll watch them if they're shown theatrically, but I won't chase them at home.

Not even for Blake Runner 2, for which I cherish unimaginably high hopes, but also harbor dark fears of shattered dreams and disappointment.

A friend, his wife and I did that for Saving Private Ryan. Heard it was coming and flipped the channel every time. We just sat there in the theater with our mouths hanging in the first 10 minutes. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fosgate said:

A friend, his wife and I did that for Saving Private Ryan. Heard it was coming and flipped the channel every time. We just sat there in the theater with our mouths hanging in the first 10 minutes. 

The best setpiece in the history of movies?  Quite possibly.