• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a lot of you know, I have heart disease. So for me, some flair up of chest pain goes with the territory. That is part of the story, when I feel chest pain it is attributed to angina, and I see my c

Look mate, I cannot say enough how health professionals have saved my life... I love you guys! You put up with people at their worst and bring out their best. I still remember some of the Cath La

Piggy, did you have something difficult to swallow on Christmas this year metaphorically speaking, or for real? If so, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery! Also, Oxycodone is not recommende

Damn Ray! Sorry you had to go through this, like some of the others have said out with 2016 & let's ring in 2017 for a better & healthier year, especially for you my friend.....Here's to s speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

PF,  Hang in there.  Have spend my (almost) entire adult career in cath labs and know how it is seeing repeat customers.  Hope this is a permanent fix for the issue.

Look mate, I cannot say enough how health professionals have saved my life... I love you guys! You put up with people at their worst and bring out their best.

I still remember some of the Cath Lab techs from my first visit. This guy Tom, motorcycle racer, except road (track) knew a lot of the same people and cigar lover. Brought him in a few select sticks over my visits, and the team (cigars or no) treat me like a king...

Health care, drug companies, hospitals get a lot of dirt, some of it I get, but you folks are saints to me. The only guy (gal) that gets booed in my room is the vampire! Have a few heart episodes and you will know why!!!

God bless you guys, pros, one and all! Cheers to you mate! -Ray

• Like 4

Frightening Ray! 

Nothing worse than knowing something is seriously wrong and it feels like no one can put a finger on it. In the end after the tests are done and nothing shows, the conversation turns to your state of mind. You then start doubting yourself...but you know it is not the mellon but something physical. 

So happy for you mate that this was sorted. You must feel like a new man. Nice start to 2017 :thumbsup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Frightening Ray! 

Nothing worse than knowing something is seriously wrong and it feels like no one can put a finger on it. In the end after the tests are done and nothing shows, the conversation turns to your state of mind. You then start doubting yourself...but you know it is not the mellon but something physical. 

So happy for you mate that this was sorted. You must feel like a new man. Nice start to 2017 :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, thank you all!

Something you can do for me my friend. The damn software only allows me 20 likes and day... and I am way behind... -LOL

-Ray

• Like 1

I've been putting this surgery off for 5-years now. In constant pain, but have been able to manage with stretching and a home traction unit. Eventually I will have no choice and will need C5-C7 tied together the same way as you've had done. And Yes, I've heard the worst part is the sore throat. Also, I'm sure you will be off cigars for a few months in order to allow the bone fusion process to take place. Get well soon!

3 hours ago, Blazer said:

I've been putting this surgery off for 5-years now. In constant pain, but have been able to manage with stretching and a home traction unit. Eventually I will have no choice and will need C5-C7 tied together the same way as you've had done. And Yes, I've heard the worst part is the sore throat. Also, I'm sure you will be off cigars for a few months in order to allow the bone fusion process to take place. Get well soon!

Poor health comes in streaks for me. New Years eve 2015 I was in the ER for my heart. It is always my heart (they think).

I will be happy to let you know how it goes if you are interested. I am a willing guinea pig.

My bod is beat to sh...t. I did it as a kid and have always been an active adult. I put off fixing my right hip... It is a boron steel implant now! Worst mistake I ever made... putting it off. It was highly debilitating and extremely painful. One of the best things I ever had fixed...

How this will turn out, I don't know, but I am back in the shop, a few hours at a time trying to fulfill orders. I am up and on my feet doing what I can to stay on schedule and keep plugging. I don't know your situations surely, so adding advice seems rather silly. But as an overriding driver, experience has taught me never to put off healthcare related issues anymore. This was discovered this month, it was severe, debilitating pain... I had a window and I took it. As of today I am really glad I made the choice instead of putting it off.

That is just my 2 cents! Hope yours improves for you, or you find a solution. I have heard a lot of the 'back surgery' horror stories, and they did scare the crap out of me. From what I can knit together a lot of it comes from people who ran the clock until they got permanent nerve and muscle damage. I talked to some indepenent doctors and they all told me, in my shoes would take the surgery. So I did. Best of luck to ya' mate. -R