Montecristo 80th Anniversary

bigbanana14

I recently picked 2 of these up from an airport duty free while on vacation. 

Happy with the way the packaging and the cigars looked and felt. However, I'm just slightly uneasy at the lack of a box code. One of the boxes is meant to be a gift for a good buddy's wedding and I would like to make sure that it's authentic.

Anyone with a box of these can confirm if the lack of a box code is common? Another possibility could be that the box code is on the back of the cardboard box, and has been covered by the health warning stickers (pic 1).

On a general note, I don't usually buy from duty free shops, but is there usually an issue with the provenance of boxes from these sources?

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

18 minutes ago, Duffer said:

FWIW, I also have 2 boxes.  They both have a code on the cardboard:  SOM Dec15.

Interesting. Where are the codes found on the cardboard? Would it have been covered by the health warning sticker in pic 1 of my original post?

Many thanks and happy new year!

From the boxes I have seen, the health warning stickers would indeed cover the sticker with the box codes. Have you tried peeling it off or checking for a slightly raised area?

4 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

From the boxes I have seen, the health warning stickers would indeed cover the sticker with the box codes. Have you tried peeling it off or checking for a slightly raised area?

Thanks guys. I've checked under the sticker and the box code was indeed there. SOM DIC 2015. Looking forward to seeing how these smoke after a few months of rest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 11:45 AM, SaintMickey® said:

Beautiful I'd love to get a box of those.

Those stickers make me sick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't let it get to you SaintMickey! That means that these stupid government tactics are working!!

• Like 1