• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maui Jim. Lenses are the best in the biz.  Polarized.   They are so clear and colors pop it's insane.  Compare them side by side with other brands out in the sunlight if you can.  You will b

Second on the Maui Jim's. 

Yeah.. Sounds like an echo chamber, but I'm in the Maui Jim crowd too.. 

9 hours ago, photorob said:

For fishing, go top of the mark Costa Del Mar and I don't think you can be beat. I have 580P's and they cut through the water like nobodies business. Not sure if there are newer/better but they probably have updated their lines. There is a reason why so many guides wear them.

x2 on Costas.  The 580 lenses are designed for saltwater, I use these exclusively when fishing near or off shore.  There is another Costa lens specific to freshwater, but I wear Maui Jim for freshwater fishing.

+1 for Maui Jim.  Living in So Cal, they make the world a better place.

Light on the nose too

Like FOH, Maui Jim has outstanding customer service.  Been a customer for at least 15+ years.

2 hours ago, Bords said:

Most brands are all made by Luxotica in china, no matter what name is on them. Check out Randolph Engineering (USA) or Dita (Japan).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Randolph Engineering Concordes (24 kt gold frame, Tan Polarized lens) have the best low-medium light clarity of any Polarized lens I've used, which are many. Unfortunately, for blazing mid day sun on the flats or boat  they don't offer enough side protection. Best pair of glasses I've have owned though. 

I've had costa 580G for years. My wife loves her Maui's.

I put on a pair of Smith Chromapop Ignitor lenses and never went back. Lighter, just as clear, and in my opinion the best lenses on the market. ESPECIALLY for under 3ft water: you'll see everything.

I've been a Revo fan for a long time. The issue I have now, which isn't related in particular to the brand, is how polarized lenses prevent clear vision of certain things such as my cell phone screen (HTC 10). I believe it has something to do with AMOLED screen technology. Whatever it is, it's frustrating.

Anyone else have this issue?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Habanos2000 said:

I've been a Revo fan for a long time. The issue I have now, which isn't related in particular to the brand, is how polarized lenses prevent clear vision of certain things such as my cell phone screen (HTC 10). I believe it has something to do with AMOLED screen technology. Whatever it is, it's frustrating.

Bingo.  I have the same issue.  I never came up with a solution other than taking off (or lifting up) the sunglasses so I could read the screen or whatever.  Really makes it damn near invisible while wearing the polarized lenses.

- MG

43 minutes ago, Habanos2000 said:

Yep. Not the brand as you say but...If I lean the wrong way the screen in my car is blank. Also nothing worse that looking at the checkerboard pattern on the back of peoples car windows.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Habanos2000 said:

I have the same problem with my polarized Serengeti, it's to the point where it's not possible to use my laptop at all, it is less severe with my phone but still not pleasant. I have another pair of Serengeti that does not have polarized lenses that i use when i use my laptop at home.

25 minutes ago, PigFish said:

A slight reduction in the consumption of colored liquids from colored bottles might help your sight some, in just about every circumstance! It helps with motor functions as well.

Cheers! -R

I tried but to no avail, I went back to my regular consumption.

46 minutes ago, PigFish said:

A slight reduction in the consumption of colored liquids from colored bottles might help your sight some, in just about every circumstance! It helps with motor functions as well.

Cheers! -R

The last time I gave up drinking, three area liquor stores had to layoff people. 

Thank of the economy, man.  Not to mention my conscience!  :lol:

- MG

Yet another thread where I examine my age, and laugh at how un-hip I am!

Oakley, you mean the motorcycle grip company??? -LOL Those crappy soft grips that lasted one moto! Fox, was Motocross Fox at one time, logo'd vented nylon jerseys... I will have to find an old pick of wearing one from the 70's...

And finally, I have to agree with @shlomo... Here are my glasses, polycarbonate and available at your local White Cap Construction Supply!!! Did I mention $6.99....? They come in camouflage too, but that costs $2.00 more!!! -LOL

2017-01-03 13.55.54.jpg

-Piggy

MJ are awesome. Agree with the consensus opinion.

Another issue I face is the heads up display in my car is invisible with the polarized MJ. So have to wear non polarized TF for driving which is annoying.

Regards.

I had MJ's as well. Great sunglasses. My pup chewed up my pair.
I got hit in the right eye with a line drive baseball when I was 10. It tore my pupil so one pupil is bigger than the other. Since the pupil doesn't dialate all the way, side glares give me a splitting headache. The Oakleys completely eliminate side glare for me.
To me, both have super lenses so pick the style you like.

JMHO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, PigFish said:

Yet another thread where I examine my age, and laugh at how un-hip I am!

Oakley, you mean the motorcycle grip company??? -LOL Those crappy soft grips that lasted one moto! Fox, was Motocross Fox at one time, logo'd vented nylon jerseys... I will have to find an old pick of wearing one from the 70's...

And finally, I have to agree with @shlomo... Here are my glasses, polycarbonate and available at your local White Cap Construction Supply!!! Did I mention $6.99....? They come in camouflage too, but that costs $2.00 more!!! -LOL

2017-01-03 13.55.54.jpg

-Piggy

Nice toilet roll holder Pig :P