Temp/rh Question

Hello All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I wanted to introduce myself and ask a question. My name is Manny from Chicago, and I have only just started smoking cigars. My first one was on my honeymoon in November and let's just say, it has become an obsession, in a good way.

Anyway...
I wanted to get everyone's opinion or preference on the temperature and rh you keep your Habanos. I have had a few dry out, a few too moist, but I am trying to find the sweet spot.

What is your personal preference? 
Temp/rh

Thanks,
Manny

63-67%rh with room temp for storage.

Dry box for 2-4 days before smoking at room temp.

I don't stress out too much about temps in a central AC / Heat maintains 68-75*F at home or office.

Regards.

• Like 2

I'd seriously die from laughter, I'd think, if  @Smallclub posted his temperature and rh settings in this thread! :rotfl:

Now where has that search function gone off to? :lol3:

Welcome to FoH, @MannyFresh. You know your obsession has turned out in a good way when your spouse is encouraging you to purchase from El Pres' 24:24 listings! Until then, enjoy the ride! :yes:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I'd seriously die from laughter, I'd think, if  @Smallclub posted his temperature and rh settings in this thread! :rotfl:

Welcome to FoH, @MannyFresh. You know your obsession has turned out in a good way when your spouse is encouraging you to purchase from El Pres' 24:24 listings! Until then, enjoy the ride! :yes:

Damnit I just peed my pants...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SaintMickey® said:

Damnit I just peed my pants...

Cheers mate...sometimes we just need a good laugh, don't we? I love that about this forum.

By the way, my rh settings are as follows...my temperature preference is around 65°F,  but where I store them, in my house, it may get up to around 70°F in summer and down to 60°F in winter. Such a small variance doesn't bother me, it's nothing too dramatic to worry about. My long-term humidor is set at 65 rh, my 'go-to' humidor is set at 62 rh.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SaintMickey® said:

I honestly learned a lot lurking on this forum. BTW it was easier lurking and not posting! LOL

I need to get to Sydney!

Yeah, well the weather is pleasant, most of the time. Likewise, I wouldn't mind getting to the south-eastern parts of the USA...it's on my bucket list!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Yeah, well the weather is pleasant, most of the time. Likewise, I wouldn't mind getting to the south-eastern parts of the USA...it's on my bucket list!

Let us know when you do, John.

- MG 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

Cheers mate...sometimes we just need a good laugh, don't we? I love that about this forum.

By the way, my rh settings are as follows...my temperature preference is around 65°F,  but where I store them, in my house, it may get up to around 70°F in summer and down to 60°F in winter. Such a small variance doesn't bother me, it's nothing too dramatic to worry about. My long-term humidor is set at 65 rh, my 'go-to' humidor is set at 62 rh.

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

4 hours ago, PigFish said:

70F/60.5rH and it depends a little on how the humidor is running. As I am always experimenting with activation logic, the mean will vary some humidor to humidor.

Welcome to FoH and enjoy the journey.

For your next post, you might consider a referral on a marriage councilor.

Cheers! -Piggy

I gotta look out for all you gents. Lol thanks again for the input and going easy on a newbe...my wife already got put off by all of the packages coming from abroad, just wait till she sees the new wineador coming tomorrow

?

• Like 3

@MannyFresh Welcome, like a moth to a flame, I love reading threads on this topic.

Watch out for @Bohn007, who is also in Chicago.  If he invites you over to the winter cigar lounge, you may need that marriage counseling sooner than you think.?

• Like 1

When I started with cigars, waaay back in the 90's (gosh, seems like last year) I was all about 70/70. That was before I was able to enjoy Habanos. Like most, but of course not all, brothers on here, I find temp and humidity in the mid to low 60's to not only work out fine for my cigars. My key is to keep them stored in my basement. Seems to be an extremely consistent environment that requires minimal babysitting.

3 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

@MannyFresh Welcome, like a moth to a flame, I love reading threads on this topic.

Watch out for @Bohn007, who is also in Chicago.  If he invites you over to the winter cigar lounge, you may need that marriage counseling sooner than you think.?

My good friend, what makes you think that I hadn't already invited him? LOL We need to recruit new members.....

2 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

My good friend, what makes you think that I hadn't already invited him? LOL We need to recruit new members.....

Oh, as the founder I expect you to corrupt him early but hook him up with a link to Camp W while you are at it.  He needs to know what he is in for.

2 hours ago, MannyFresh said:

@Bohn007 & @BEVOSREVENGE Let me know when and where, we can make this happen. Negative dregree windchill can't be good for habanos, but where there's a will there's a way...sweet home Chicago :surprised:

Bohn's commitment to smoke in the worst of conditions is inspirational; however, I am allergic to snow and ice.  I'll make a trip up to Chicago once global warming kicks back in up there.  Heck, it may break 50 here in Houston tomorrow so I will probably brave the elements for a smoke but fortunately for me it will be back in the mid 70's by Monday.