Opinions about a cigar I received

As you can see from the picture looks like the bands have been removed then put bAck on ?

Here is the cigar compared to another of the same looks a little underfilled too ?

What are your guys opinions ? It was from what I thought was a reputable Swiss source . It came in a 6er I ordered.

e0a18fae1caebe4e3ae95f7ac873f194.jpg

a2f5f7a6b6e9e88d5926defd527f4b9d.jpg

16255a990da8d601ccab4c2dd4cb9424.jpg

773176f1030003e7eb3a87a760ccd776.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was a reputable vendor I don't think you have anything to worry about.  IMO the Epi 2 varies wildly in quality. I've seen overfilled Epi 2, underfilled Epi2, green wrapper Epi2, light and Dark dark Epi2, and all things in between.  Lots of variation in this cigar.  Not unlike Monte 2.  Maybe Rob sees things differently but it's a cigar I will never buy blind again. Ever.  

• Like 1

If it was a reputable vendor I don't think you have anything to worry about.  IMO the Epi 2 varies wildly in quality. I've seen overfilled Epi 2, underfilled Epi2, green wrapper Epi2, light and Dark dark Epi2, and all things in between.  Lots of variation in this cigar.  Not unlike Monte 2.  Maybe Rob sees things differently but it's a cigar I will never buy blind again. Ever.  

Yeh very true . I was having a chat in another post about these cigars and their inconsistencies saying I've been lucky as all that I've smoked have been good. In this case though the band has just thrown me off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are so many strange occurrences and QC issues that I have seen in the Cuban cigar world I largely hesitate to comment on these threads beyond that Cuban cigar quality control is a huge cause of many of these types of questions. Add a vendor and remove the box, consider what some might sell as singles, and soon you have stray cigars that may have been handled in retail operations and these issues simply multiply.

If you are familiar with Cuban cigars, the test comes with lighting the foot! You cannot judge the taste of it by looking at it!!

I hope you find the answers that you seek! -Piggy

• Like 2

Yup, Cuban cigars are not Swiss watches. Going by appearances is like seeing a woman across the bar in tight jeans... and assuming everything will look great underneath, and she will make the perfect wife.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Going by appearances is like seeing a woman across the bar in tight jeans... and assuming everything will look great underneath, and she will make the perfect wife.

Not ?!! :(

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yup, Cuban cigars are not Swiss watches. Going by appearances is like seeing a woman across the bar in tight jeans... and assuming everything will look great underneath, and she will make the perfect wife.

You've somehow managed to nail down all my past relationship problems in one fell swoop!

• Like 1

My experience leaves me with reservations regarding 2 "reputable Swiss vendors"

I believe they are selling questionable "Cuban" cigars.

If you PM me i will be happy to elaborate further.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

Or it could have been a long haired dude in tight jeans....