Tubo's Barcodes Dont Match

Jfeath74

I recently ordered 3 packs of tubos from what seems to be a trusted online source (before I found out about FoH) and although they look legit, my concern is that the barcodes don't check out on habanos website. 

Im a newbie to cc's, so hopefully this is just an ignorance issue on my part. The first thing I noticed was that the barcode on the cardboard pack and the barcode on the tubo were different. Even more concerning were neither of these checked out on habanos, turning up no results.

Should the tubo's and packaging code be the same and should the check out online?

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

The Second photo shows the Retail SKU numbers, not the Habanos SA verification number. They shouldnt match, 1 is for a single tube, the other for a 3 pack. Unfortunately the Habanos number and factory code/date stamp are only on the outer cardboard box, not on the smaller internal packages. So in your case, you don't have access to them. 

From what I see in your photos though I wouldn't be worried, the packaging and sticks both look good. The Hologram in the green seals also looks good at the bottom right corner of the second picture. I would say, Let Em Burn!

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:48 PM, Jfeath74 said:

Thank you! That's what I was thinking/hoping but couldn't confirm, I feel much better now. Approaching the 30 day rest point, now I just need to figure out which one to try first!

Go with the Churchill - with a tall mug of good scotch. :clap:

On 12/01/2017 at 4:18 AM, Corylax18 said:

The Second photo shows the Retail SKU numbers, not the Habanos SA verification number. They shouldnt match, 1 is for a single tube, the other for a 3 pack. Unfortunately the Habanos number and factory code/date stamp are only on the outer cardboard box, not on the smaller internal packages. So in your case, you don't have access to them. 

From what I see in your photos though I wouldn't be worried, the packaging and sticks both look good. The Hologram in the green seals also looks good at the bottom right corner of the second picture. I would say, Let Em Burn!

Retail SKUs can differ depending on how the item is sold. Take beer for example. There is a different barcode for the outer case, the inner 6 pack and the single can. This allows all three to be scanned and sold at different price points.