2017 Deletions.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allow me to interpret, seems to be some confusion.   Boli Tubos 1--Gone Boli Corona Gigantes--Gone CCE--5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone Siglo 5-- 5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone HUPC-Gone HDM D

I take one out of each box to test 

Yeah, something like a micro robusto that costs the price of a churchill, or a ridiculous 60 rg monster half covered with gaudy bands… I rejoice in advance    

16 minutes ago, zeedubbya said:

Allow me to interpret, seems to be some confusion.  

Boli Tubos 1--Gone
Boli Corona Gigantes--Gone
CCE--5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone
Siglo 5-- 5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone
HUPC-Gone
HDM Du Prince--Gone
JLP Cremas--Gone
JLP Petit Cetros--Gone
Monte 1--10 boxes gone
Monte 3--10 boxes gone
Monte Pet 2--Cardboard 15 packs gone
Monte Tubos--C. Pack of 15 Tubos gone
Monte Pet Tubos--Cboard 10 Tubos gone
Part Cor Sen.---Cboard 15 Tubos gone
Punch DC--50 Cabs Gone
Punch Punch--50 Cabs Gone
Punch Royal Coron--Gone
RG Perlas--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
RYJ--Cedros Deluxe 1--Gone
RYJ--Los Tres Romeos--Gone
RYJ--PC--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
RYJ--Petite Julieta--5 by 5 Cardb. Gone
Trinidad Reyes-5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
Trinidad Colonial--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
VR Don Alejandro--Gone

Perfect summation. Thanks!

37 minutes ago, zeedubbya said:

Allow me to interpret, seems to be some confusion.  

Boli Tubos 1--Gone
Boli Corona Gigantes--Gone
CCE--5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone
Siglo 5-- 5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone
HUPC-Gone
HDM Du Prince--Gone
JLP Cremas--Gone
JLP Petit Cetros--Gone
Monte 1--10 boxes gone
Monte 3--10 boxes gone
Monte Pet 2--Cardboard 15 packs gone
Monte Tubos--C. Pack of 15 Tubos gone
Monte Pet Tubos--Cboard 10 Tubos gone
Part Cor Sen.---Cboard 15 Tubos gone
Punch DC--50 Cabs Gone
Punch Punch--50 Cabs Gone
Punch Royal Coron--Gone
RG Perlas--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
RYJ--Cedros Deluxe 1--Gone
RYJ--Los Tres Romeos--Gone
RYJ--PC--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
RYJ--Petite Julieta--5 by 5 Cardb. Gone
Trinidad Reyes-5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
Trinidad Colonial--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
VR Don Alejandro--Gone

A bit crazy but not unexpected.  As @Ethernut and I discussed a couple weeks ago--we are in the cigar smoking minority.  It's the Bud Light phenomenon.  Best selling beer in the USA--does that mean everyone likes it or it's good beer.  No.  Does that mean An. Busch is going to make more of it and make it the focus of their attention.  Yes.  Same thing at work here.  Focus on what sells the most worldwide.  Marketing 101.  

Thanks for clearing that up - I see that in some cases its the last of a vitola. Some of which I've never even tried.

As for bud light - well - ick comes to mind :rolleyes:

how the hell does HSA cut a cigar like Bolivar Corona Gigantes and keep 5 or 6 regular production Cuaba's in play? i see no deletion for Cuaba in there at all and that amazes me more than the concrete evidence of Gravitional waves which revealed that Black holes were in fact real consequentially!

i'm stunned!!!:blink:

8 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I had no idea as a lover of the Du Prince ( since 1996)....that I was running against the tide of the esteemed French "cigar press" 

Rob I doubt that you have ever become a fan of this cigar if you were only offered the quality that is found in France - and this true for the rest of the Hoyo du X series. In the mid 2000's, two tobacconists in Paris told me they stopped ordering them from Coprova, as the quality was really poor.

Here is a concept HSA, if you are not selling many Julieta No.2's (BCG) maybe they are too long and need to be reduced in length as not many people have 2+ hours to relax. I would love the same profile and size but in a shorter length.

HUPC is a real head scratcher. Would have thought this was a strong global seller based on price point and value. 

It really makes no difference if the cigar currently sells... when the resources can go towards a petit robusto at twice the price (which many smokers happily stand in line for)

noo say it aint so to the HUPC!!! one of my favorite sticks guess I will have to be adding a bunch more boxes (another wineador purchase to stock that one cigar!!)

• Like 1

I mean what do you replace the hupc with? The 2015 releases still haven't hit the shelves! If they were going to trim why not remove the tubed corona minor/major and keep the higher quality stick?

It's just baffling, and when you bring in the issues Cuba has with making/releasing cigars it just blows your mind.

I had thought enough people had banged some sense into HSA that they had put the deletion programme on pause.

They don't actually deserve the custom do they? Never mind the hardwork people around the world like Rob and crew, blog writers, fans who make up the shortfall of passion that HSA don't give out

• Like 3

5 hours ago, schubb said:

I joined this site and started smoking CCs a little over two years ago, so I'm relatively new to this compared to many members here.

This is the first deletion list that has hit me hard. The BCG, the HUPC, and the du Prince are all currently in my rotation as they have been fantastic. I was looking forward to seeing how these developed over the next few years and picking up more boxes once mine ran low. I was even thinking yesterday that my next box should be the Bolivar #1 tubos.

This sucks :tantrum:

I don't even know if I want to stock up now, or just try to find another cigar I like (that will eventually be discontinued)

Yes that sucks indeed and good taste you have.  Most unfortunate.

BTW - what else do you like?  I want to know so that I know what to stock up on before it's discontinued next year. :P

• Like 1

I am truly baffled by the H Upmann PC. I have 5 boxes in inventory. Wish I had 20 more, my favorite Mareva out of all of 'em.

This is the dumbest decision by far, shaking my head!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Love H. Upmann but I'd trade the new Mag 54, which I have not tired yet, for the HUPC all day loooooong.

Doesn't H. Upmann have enough 50+ RG selections already???????

tumblr_maj3iscPSr1qze24lo1_500.gif

Well we all have our own opinions. 54 ring cigars do nothing for me. Robustos at 50 are more than plenty big enough. 42 rings are my sweet spot.

• Like 2

Sorry for all the HUPC lovers out there (seems to be the most dis contention on this thread).  I am deeply saddened that there will no longer be a Churchill or Corona in the Bolivar lineup.  As a super fanboy of the Bolivar Tubos lineup, it is a crushing blow and I will continue to stock up on 2 & 3 as the writing is on the wall.  I guess they make more money whoring out the bolivar name out to all the regionals.  

I just picked up a box of Du Prince's and a 50 Cab of Punch DC.  Two more nails in the 50 cab coffin and cause for concern to the Punch fans.