2017 Deletions.

22 minutes ago, NYgarman said:

31 minutes ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Love H. Upmann but I'd trade the new Mag 54, which I have not tired yet, for the HUPC all day loooooong.

Doesn't H. Upmann have enough 50+ RG selections already???????

tumblr_maj3iscPSr1qze24lo1_500.gif

Well we all have our own opinions. 54 ring cigars do nothing for me. Robustos at 50 are more than plenty big enough. 42 rings are my sweet spot.

I agree with you and fixed my post...should make sense now.  

Sometimes the fingers type something different than what the brain tells them.:D

• Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allow me to interpret, seems to be some confusion.   Boli Tubos 1--Gone Boli Corona Gigantes--Gone CCE--5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone Siglo 5-- 5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone HUPC-Gone HDM D

I take one out of each box to test 

Yeah, something like a micro robusto that costs the price of a churchill, or a ridiculous 60 rg monster half covered with gaudy bands… I rejoice in advance    

5 hours ago, Smallclub said:

This is the first time in my life I see so much love for the Hoyo du Prince. I simply never had a good one. In France it's hard to find it outside major cities. It gets terrible reviews year after year in the french "cigar press" (reduced today to one magazine). I have yet to meet a cigar lover who keeps it in his rotation…

I'm starting to think that PCC gets the cream of the du Prince's production. If not, well… I guess we're encountering a psychological phenomenon :ph34r:

we get the best of everything clubby ...that's one thing you might have known ;)

44 minutes ago, NYgarman said:

Well we all have our own opinions. 54 ring cigars do nothing for me. Robustos at 50 are more than plenty big enough. 42 rings are my sweet spot.

I'm feeling 'gutted', especially about the H.Upmann Petit Corona and Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Prince. I went through a 10 year old box of H.Upmann Petit Coronas last year (which I split with a few other Aussie BOTL's), I promise you, it was one of the best boxes of cigars, for the value, I have ever smoked. What a sad day! :thumbsdwn:

On a positive note, at least those Bolivar Tubo No. 1's will be available in today's 24:24. Grab them while you can! :lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Love H. Upmann but I'd trade the new Mag 54, which I have not tired yet, for the HUPC all day loooooong.

Doesn't H. Upmann have enough 50+ RG selections already???????

tumblr_maj3iscPSr1qze24lo1_500.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dangolf18 said:

I guess they are positioning their portfolio for the US market? The only cigar on that list that I'm sad to see go is the HUPC. Perhaps the BCG as well.

Asia Pacific /Middle East/Eastern Europe growth markets also are following the trend so it is not US market specific. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Smallclub said:

Yeah, something like a micro robusto that costs the price of a churchill, or a ridiculous 60 rg monster half covered with gaudy bands… I rejoice in advance :rolleyes:

Please excuse me for trying to be positive!

Ok if you need to be negative,

This is a travesty! It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham!

Love it!!!

Very sad to see some superb vitolas on the deletions list.  HUPC? Really?  I never would have guessed that the HUPC was in danger of being deleted.  Same goes for the BCG.  The VRDA and the RyJ CdL #1 I understand, but I certainly don't like it.  Will need to buy at least a box of each before they become hard to find.

Ever hopeful that some of these will continue "unofficially" like the Fonseca No 1--particularly the BCG, HdP and the one that's downright shocking: the HUPC. I mean, they really cut the HUPC before the 4 tubos that are very much inferior to the PC? And the Majestics/Regalias/Epicures? Huh? HSA just really has it out for 42 RG.

So we're down to three Coronas: Monte 3, RyJ Cedros No 2 and QdO. And with the coming expansion in the QdO lineup who knows how long those Coronas last. And will they have the cojones to cut the Monte 3--once the world's best selling Cuban cigar?

There are now more Lonsdales than Coronas left (Siglo V, 898, RyJ Caz & Cedros 1, Monte 1). 

7 hours ago, PigFish said:

Tabacuba used to represent brands as best they could, I do believe that they have given up on them. There will be brand fights over those not owned by an HSA partner in the US someday. I hope they lose them all. And this is good precedent. They are not representing the brands that they stole, they are abandoning them, and the classic cigars that made the brands great brands.

Couldn't have said it better.

Maybe HSA will come up with a Mag 42 or 43 corona to replace the HUPC.  I'd go for that!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jwr0201 said:

Maybe HSA will come up with a Mag 42 or 43 corona to replace the HUPC.  I'd go for that!

Right after the RyJ club kings mareva that was rumored to be released a year or two ago. 

11 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

There are now more Lonsdales than Coronas left (Siglo V, 898, RyJ Caz & Cedros 1, Monte 1). 

Shhh! Don't tell HSA that. 

I suppose it's time to stock up on other lesser talked about favorites before they end up on lists like these. 

• Like 1

I say keep buying the unpopular vitolas/brands , probably won't help but at least I can try. They really cut the Bolivar lineup with this. How long until it's a one or two cigar brand?

I understand it's about making money but I'm done with regional cigars. The last few years have all been out of my price range. The price of this year's Diplomaticos compared to the PCC releases of even 3-5 years ago is evident that they are pricing themselves out of my market. 

• Like 2

Another thought and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Smoking a discontinued cigar that you know you'll never be able to buy again is just a different experience than smoking a easy to get, regular production cigar. I wouldn't say it's for the better either.

Good God Damn!

HUPC, RyJPC and Trini Reyes?

Are they trying to throw 50-60% of my cigar budget to the Fuentes???

I sincerely hope these are deletions a la Fonseca no 1.

For real, I love PCs. This makes me unhappy.

4 minutes ago, earthson said:

Maybe all is not lost - they list the Reyes as a 25 box. Maybe there are other, more significant typos in that list???

Nope. That refers to the 5 * 5 cardboard packs.  The SLB is a 24 count, which remains.  Thankfully.

• Like 2

I was in Havana twice last fall and among other thing brought back a 50 cab of Punch Punch and RASS each time. Glad I did the PP but wish I had bought more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's odd that they would go on an amazing Du Prince run right before announcing its deletion. Honestly, what the hell?  I sampled the first Prince from a newly acquired box (probably 5 days after shipment) It was one of the best cigars I've had in awhile.   

Interesting move?   

And even worse.... One of my top cigars and always on rotation. HUPC....SO SAD!!!  

4 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

There are now more Lonsdales than Coronas left (Siglo V, 898, RyJ Caz & Cedros 1, Monte 1)

Hate to break it to you brother but the RYJ Cedros deluxe 1 is getting the axe it would seem.  But you forgot to mention the ever so present LGC MDO2 so you're still right....haha!  

• Like 1

wow awful just awful...

1 hour ago, UpInSmoak said:

It's odd that they would go on an amazing Du Prince run right before announcing its deletion

and BCG and PP...

5 minutes ago, zeedubbya said:

Hate to break it to you brother but the RYJ Cedros deluxe 1 is getting the axe it would seem.  But you forgot to mention the ever so present LGC MDO2 so you're still right....haha!  

You're absolutely right--I completely missed the Cedros No 1! Wow. So they're even breaking up the CDL series. Nothing is scared. I'm telling you--the Monte 1 & 3 should be starting to sweat. And you're right--the MdO 2 might as well be gone. If it's not, it's pretty clear it's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

If your RG is 42, HSA is coming for you, and coming hard.