Bolivar Demi Tasse- CODE CRIS AOK: Lost art of the cigar review weekend

Great review Ray 

But more so it's really good to see you on the mend and to put a voice to the face after all these years you have my vote for being the winner ,if for nothing more than pure effort whilst convalescing

good on ya mate

cheers Steve 

P.S As a foot note have you ever thought about  doing a quick video on your humidor projects and the services you offer 

steve

• Like 2

Nice review brother!! This was one I missed out on. I have some '90 ERDM DT left, but I wish they had a little something more. I think the longest I've went between the cigars was 3-4 months after my operation. The only thing I miss was sleeping like a boulder after popping some OxyContin. Glad you're on the mend!

• Like 1

Love you too my big brother Ray! 

I've loved the reviews coming through this weekend, I've worked all through the weekend and reading the reviews whilst on a break has brought me joy. 

This video is another gem indeed. It takes balls to do a cigar review on video by yourself, it takes balls to smoke against Doctor's orders, it takes balls to take off that thing that seemed to be holding your neck and spine together, in order to smoke without getting it all stinky and most of all you proved something I've long suspected: In the Piggy mancave a stocked, climate controlled humidor is within arm's reach wherever you are! 

When you simply swivelled and opened up another door - I cracked up!

As always, love your work bro!

Cheers,

Nik

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OZCUBAN said:

Great review Ray 

But more so it's really good to see you on the mend and to put a voice to the face after all these years you have my vote for being the winner ,if for nothing more than pure effort whilst convalescing

good on ya mate

cheers Steve 

P.S As a foot note have you ever thought about  doing a quick video on your humidor projects and the services you offer 

steve

... my channel is pretty low budget! I am not a videographer!!

I have started a channel nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx94vGTv08TVyn13-GasJYQ

Actually, if I can get 100 subscribers they will give me a custom name for my channel, and I would like to get there sooner than later. I work on it a little at a time, but I am still learning with YouBoob. I have thought more than once to put out a call for members to join to get me there, but I figured that was kind'of BS...

While I doubt that I will run my whole build series on the channel, there are samples of them on the channel.

I am a one take wonder! I have Final Cut Pro on my Mac as well as Adobe editing products but when it comes to learning new software, I am afraid that if it takes away my humidor time, building or testing stuff, finishing products for folks, it gets a backseat. Some of my videos I laugh at myself...! Big time! One of our members here has offered to help me out, newer here and nice bloke.

What I really like doing on video is demonstrating how my controlled humidors work. There is one on there about TE vs. Compressor Coolers and my test box. It was 95F in the shop that day, and it is pretty amazing to watch the system run, if I do say so myself. Most of the guys who watch say that they never understood what an 'air exchange' really does to controlled space until they watched my video. I store quite a few cigars in the shop, as I need to prove and test my products and theories, not theoretically, but first hand, real time. I cannot ask my clients to trust the products if I don't have faith in them myself. I have stored thousands in cigars at @100F ambient, not that I recommend that anyone do it, even in my products. But I have proven I can do it.

Use good judgment, even if I don't. I am a professional... -LOL

Okay, they are cheesy but what the hell. If you want to see how one of my humidors works, just watch some of the videos! A lot of guys have told me that they enjoyed the air exchange video.

Thanks brother! -Ray

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soutso said:

Love you too my big brother Ray! 

I've loved the reviews coming through this weekend, I've worked all through the weekend and reading the reviews whilst on a break has brought me joy. 

This video is another gem indeed. It takes balls to do a cigar review on video by yourself, it takes balls to smoke against Doctor's orders, it takes balls to take off that thing that seemed to be holding your neck and spine together, in order to smoke without getting it all stinky and most of all you proved something I've long suspected: In the Piggy mancave a stocked, climate controlled humidor is within arm's reach wherever you are! 

When you simply swivelled and opened up another door - I cracked up!

As always, love your work bro!

Cheers,

Nik

Ahhh, my friend, thanks for the kind words. I am having fun with the new G12 humidor. I will likely do a new G12 finished product tour pretty soon. I have guys waiting on me (like you don't know that) and I have to go one step at a time. A few have been more than patient with me lately...

Your new humidor will be really next gen stuff! Will get you off a CAD pic of the back as soon as I am satisfied. I have, well, almost a grand in plastics showing up tomorrow and God knows how I am gonna' move it. What the hell, rain does not hurt plastics!!! Trying to keep the prices down, I bought more than I probably should have...

I actually went out and looked at a huge wine cooler the other day. Connie said I should have 'popped' for it, but what I really need is something that can be bought all over the country for a reasonable amount. I really want to build a 120/140 count cooler and make a kit for a much larger scale humidor. One step at a time, I guess! Everything has a time and place.

Very happy with G12 today. Data logs getting better and better with a little tweaking here and there.

Most folks don't 'get me and humidors.' You know what I am talking about... I can sit and watch one of my humidors work and do its thing for hours!!! Some people have sports, I have 'my humidors...' -LOL

So here is the guy folks... Nik here got me videoing humidors in action. I credit it to him...

Don't work too hard brother. -Ray

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, PigFish said:

Ahhh, my friend, thanks for the kind words. I am having fun with the new G12 humidor. I will likely do a new G12 finished product tour pretty soon. I have guys waiting on me (like you don't know that) and I have to go one step at a time. A few have been more than patient with me lately...

Your new humidor will be really next gen stuff! Will get you off a CAD pic of the back as soon as I am satisfied. I have, well, almost a grand in plastics showing up tomorrow and God knows how I am gonna' move it. What the hell, rain does not hurt plastics!!! Trying to keep the prices down, I bought more than I probably should have...

I actually went out and looked at a huge wine cooler the other day. Connie said I should have 'popped' for it, but what I really need is something that can be bought all over the country for a reasonable amount. I really want to build a 120/140 count cooler and make a kit for a much larger scale humidor. One step at a time, I guess! Everything has a time and place.

Very happy with G12 today. Data logs getting better and better with a little tweaking here and there.

Most folks don't 'get me and humidors.' You know what I am talking about... I can sit and watch one of my humidors work and do its thing for hours!!! Some people have sports, I have 'my humidors...' -LOL

So here is the guy folks... Nik here got me videoing humidors in action. I credit it to him...

Don't work too hard brother. -Ray

Ray, whilst I can't wait to get my hands on my new kit, you take your time to prioritise your health and your newer customers.

Yes I have pushed you to do videos. You've written thousands of pages on this site and imparted so much knowledge and experience and whilst I have genuinely benefited from it, seeing my unit working has been the greatest awakening I have experienced when it comes to cigar storage. 

More Videos please!....... Whilst you're  taking my advice, add some dancing girls in the background!

Appreciate the vid review!  Love the box code too!  

14 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

Will fire up another out by the fire and have a look.  Nice looking cigar there, brother!!  

And the necklace is a stunner.  Don't recall seeing anything quite like it at Tiffany's....

;)

... its been dubbed the 'sphincter.' -LOL -R

Ray, @PigFish

Brother, you honour me by smoking one of those I gave you as your first one back.  I'm so happy to see you back enjoying your life, even if starting with probably the smallest cigar you could have picked LOL!  I'm also happy you enjoyed it - I agree that these have been somewhat monochromatic for me at times - but so pleasant at the same time.  I sip them as slowly as I can, just like the LGC MdO No.3 - and it makes for a lovely treat.  I'm glad it gave you a good experience!

You're very kind to save me a couple SLR PC's - thank you my friend!  Totally unnecessary, but very kind and thoughtful indeed - I thank so much!  Don't worry about me right now though - get yourself better so you don't have to wear that brace anymore and can move your neck around without fear before you send anything out LOL! 

Lastly - I have to thank you for sharing with us your latest cigars from Rob - you saved me a bit of embarrassment! I had a busy week so although I put together your cigar fiver over a week ago, I've not found the time yet to get them in the post, so they have been resting in my humidor - and I had included a Monte 80 in there for you as the biggest of them all!  Thank God you showed me - I'll put in a different monstrous RE instead, so that way you have a better variety of "marital aids" to choose from haha!   Keep a weather eye on the mail box, with my apologies for not getting it out sooner - it'll be with you before you know it.

Thanks again Ray - so good to see you spreading some good cheer with a discontinued cigar - I'll echo the group here, please keep it up if you are able!

All the best my friend!

• Like 1

Another subscriber, my dear friend, Ray! I very much enjoyed the video of this 30 ring gauge by 100 mm cigar which proves flavourful cigars can be found in a thin ring gauge and a short length, if only Tabacuba would listen, as you'd say!

My thoughts are with you during this period of convalescence. Each day you get a little stronger!  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pharmacovigilant said:

Any fan of Steve Hackett is cool with me.  Just love Spectral Mornings.  Glad I'm not the only Prog head around here...

IMG_0015.JPG

Yeah, pretty big Hackett fan... Prog rock is losing its talent pool pretty regularly as of late and it is a shame. I am an old Genesis fan, first seeing them in the Gabriel days!

Let me know if you don't have Nad Sylvan's solo stuff. I can send you a link to my cloud, you should enjoy his music as well, as Hackett plays on several tracks. I have a lot of Hackett stuff as well, such as Hackett and Squire's album... LMK if I can fill in some gaps!

Cheers mate! -Ray