FoH Get-Together Habanos Festival 2017

I spoke with Prez this morning and he agrees that it would be a great idea to have a gathering for any FoH members who will be in Havana for the Habanos Festival next month.

The Habanos Festival is from Monday Feb 27 - Friday March 3.

The event will be in the restaurant VIPHavana in Vedado from 4pm to 7pm on Wednesday March 1st.

A fairly new restaurant, it's a really nice space and great tapas. Not stuffy at all, it'll be relaxing, fun, a few drinks and cigars, absolutely in the spirit of FoH. A time to share stories of our week so far.. 

http://en.viphavana454.com/index.php/about-us

Finishing at 7 pm as some members will be going on to the mid-week Festival event, in which case at least you'll have had some food before the "dinner". :unsure:

For those not going to the mid-week event, we'll be in the middle of Vedado so there'll be plenty to do afterwards.

I am hoping to get final numbers before February 14th so I can give the restaurant some idea of how many we'll be.

For anyone going to the festival, please PM me if you can come. Hope to see you there, it'll be a laugh!

VIPHavana

VIPHAvana.jpg

• Like 3

Need to be in South Florida end of February/early March. May actually find myself in town that evening should things work out.

I'll have a better idea by end of week, fingers crossed!

I just booked my flight.  Unfortunately, I am returning the afternoon of the 1st and will miss the dinner.  Flying from Saturday (2/27) to Wednesday (3/1).  If anyone wants to get together at another time, send me a PM. 

• Like 1

OK, final bump for anyone who might be interested. Numbers are looking good, we're at about 15-20 people.

I need to call the venue within the next few days to make the reservation.

If you're in Havana on March 1st, come along. PM me if you haven't already.

On 1/27/2017 at 4:05 AM, Icaminero91 said:

I'm landing on Friday 3th morning, is there any meeting going on Friday or saturday?

For anyone who can't make the Wednesday event, there will be a few of us having a very informal, late lunch in El Aljibe on Friday 3rd, the day of the gala dinner, from 3pm-6pm. There'll be a group of us, we'll be easy to spot. All welcome. 

• Like 3

On 2/15/2017 at 7:30 AM, Ryan said:

For anyone who can't make the Wednesday event, there will be a few of us having a very informal, late lunch in El Aljibe on Friday 3rd, the day of the gala dinner, from 3pm-6pm. There'll be a group of us, we'll be easy to spot. All welcome. 

Awesome, i'm dying to try that place, missed it on my first trip.

See you guys there.

Thanks

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Icaminero91 said:

Awesome, i'm dying to try that place, missed it on my first trip.

See you guys there.

Thanks

Great stuff, see you there, it'll be at the end of the week for us so look out for the group who look like they're coming apart at the seams a little..:)

On 2/15/2017 at 7:30 AM, Ryan said:

Aren't the women smokers having an event on Friday before the Gala?

2 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

Aren't the women smokers having an event on Friday before the Gala?

Yes the women's cigar smokers event is at 12 noon that day. It's a lovely event and I'll be there. I'd recommend it.

But that's breakfast. :)

I'll be in El Aljibe for 3pm.

See you in Havana.

• Like 2

• Ferrero unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm a bit late getting these up but I've been catching up on quite a bit of stuff since I got back from Cuba.

The get together at VIP Havana went very well. I'm sure many of you will recognise yourselves and others in the pictures. It's a lovely venue, very good food and service. I had spent the morning around Habana Vieja with Punch Joe which is always fun.

Lcaminero91 joined us on the Friday for a late lunch in El Aljibe.

Great trip to Havana as usual, an old friend of mine from Chicago joined me, her first time in Cuba. Now she wants to come again in November!

Some of the ladies in the pictures are some of the managers from cigar stores in London, Bogusha and Gordana. Rita from New York and her Cuban business partner Yuni plus my Chicago friend, Sue.

FOH real 3.JPG

FOH real 7.JPG

FOH real 9.JPG

FOH real 10.JPG

FOH reAL1.JPG

IMG_3867.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3870.JPG

IMG_3871.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_6555.JPG

IMG_6557.JPG

IMG_6560.JPG

IMG_6562.JPG

Friday Lunch in El Aljibe with LCaminero91

IMG_6934.JPG

• Like 1

Really sorry I didn't get to meet (the pics look great!!) the FoH crew who went on this trip! Andy @Ryan you're a legend and I hope our paths will cross again one day soon (saw you at pretty much all the other events anyway!)

I ended up going to the LCDH at the old Partagas factory and had a lock in whilst they closed up! By the time we got out the FoH meet up was done :(

Thank you very much Andy for organizing this event and thanks to Dirk for the excellent PSD #4 !!
It was a pleasure to attend. Some pictures from me now that I'm back from Havana.

CUBA 2017 GALLERY 0057.jpg

CUBA 2017 GALLERY 0058.jpg

CUBA 2017 GALLERY 0059.jpg

CUBA 2017 GALLERY 0060.jpg

CUBA 2017 GALLERY 0061.jpg

CUBA 2017 GALLERY 0062.jpg

• Like 4