SLR Tesoros RE 2016 Espana

Wow, minus one word those look eerily similar to the Cuban release. Creativity abounds! Two SLR regionals in the same year sized 52 x 110 and 54 x 150. What mind boggling new size is next, maybe we get lucky and they'll roll one at 53 x 130. How do they come up with it, I dont know how Ive been living without these! 

Rant over. Fortunately the Marquez were relatively affordable on release in November. $11-$12 each, but relatively underwhelming flavor wise. Any info on pricing for the Espana regional?

22 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Wow, minus one word those look eerily similar to the Cuban release. Creativity abounds! Two SLR regionals in the same year sized 52 x 110 and 54 x 150. What mind boggling new size is next, maybe we get lucky and they'll roll one at 53 x 130. How do they come up with it, I dont know how Ive been living without these! 

Rant over. Fortunately the Marquez were relatively affordable on release in November. $11-$12 each, but relatively underwhelming flavor wise. Any info on pricing for the Espana regional?

80 euro for a box is what I hear.

• Like 1

That makes three Petit Robusto in Spain in the last few years. RA Caprichos, ERDM PR and now this. Boooooring. That said, I'll try some. ;)
They are making 15k boxes so expect them to be around for quite a while.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

That makes three Petit Robusto in Spain in the last few years. RA Caprichos, ERDM PR and now this. Boooooring. That said, I'll try some. ;)
They are making 15k boxes so expect them to be around for quite a while.

15K boxes? LOL. You'd think they would have learned after the 12K RA Grandes boxes (which was a stellar cigar, to be fair) lasted for years on the shelves.....

• Like 1

On 04/02/2017 at 0:15 AM, ChanceSchmerr said:

15K boxes? LOL. You'd think they would have learned after the 12K RA Grandes boxes (which was a stellar cigar, to be fair) lasted for years on the shelves.....

True, but a very different cigar as well. They made 7.500 boxes of last year's ElRdM PRs, and most shops I visited in Barcelona and Madrid sold out pretty quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Burning time is dependent on the length of the cigar, not the width. With the amount of tobacco that goes into a short fatty, the could've made a corona or lonsdale, no? What a waste. The SLR brand is uninspiring as a whole also. Never been blown away from current production. 

• Like 1

Smoked one yesterday. Obviously, very young, but construction was good and I enjoyed the flavors. Smoked over an hour on it. I already liked it better than the ERDM PR from last year.
56f7ab7f0b96f1f25147dbfda7e878c0.jpg

I messed up the wrapper towards the end while removing the band :(

b83074abce17446d61add16bf37eee5a.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...