Allones vs Allones

Looks like I'm at the cross roads again when it comes to cigars made of the same brand name.

Case in point;  It is not a really big deal but wanted some input from members about two

smokes I'm considering purchasing.  RA Club Allones vs RA Superiores.  Not sure

if I have asked this question before and I may have but it could have been one of those

nights where it was a litle foggy and I don't mean outside weather but more akin to

my "state of mind" after a few.  Any thoughts would be of the utmost help.

I recently was in your same position and ended up purchasing a box of each.  After letting them settle I hope to put the fire to each of them and see which I prefer.  Being they are only 10ct boxes it helps making it a smaller investment, I read many reviews of each cigar and could not make up my mind so  decided to order a box of each.  Good luck with your decision and let us know how it turns out.

13 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Rob's analogy about your cigar collection being akin to a golf bag has always rung true to me.

Are you in need of a small smoke; grab the SCC. If you're looking for something longer then go with the Sups.

Or just buy 5 Sups and 10 SCC :)

Not SCC.  Club Allones. It's a Corona size. 

59 minutes ago, kuma said:

Looks like I'm at the cross roads again when it comes to cigars made of the same brand name.

Case in point;  It is not a really big deal but wanted some input from members about two

smokes I'm considering purchasing.  RA Club Allones vs RA Superiores.  Not sure

if I have asked this question before and I may have but it could have been one of those

nights where it was a litle foggy and I don't mean outside weather but more akin to

my "state of mind" after a few.  Any thoughts would be of the utmost help.

I've had both and personally my vote would go to the CA.  Although my aim would be to eventually own both. I love the jammy peach apricot notes on the club Allones. Such a unique flavor in a CC to me. 

Superiores all day. However...Being an RA whore I'm going deep on the clubs as I truly think they will be marvelous smokes in 3-5 years when they settle and meld together a bit more. They are just all over the place right now...Mongrels.  

I did just place some sups in a mag 46 cab for an aging experiment. Thinking about doing that with the clubs too. Just to see. 

• Like 2

Thanks one and all for your input.  I will keep these thoughts in mind when I "pull the trigger"

on the Allones.  I just may buy them both when the time comes.

Cao

6 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

Both.

Yes. I feel the same. I like them both so much! When I want a fuller-bodied RA cigar I go for the Club Allones, when I want a RA mild-medium cigar I go for the Superiores.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zmancbr said:

I did just place some sups in a mag 46 cab for an aging experiment. Thinking about doing that with the clubs too. Just to see. 

I did the same a few months back mostly because I just don't like the feel or look of the 10 ct dress boxes. It gets way too sparse in their too quickly. I can get my head around the 10 ct SBN though for what that's worth. We'll see if it does any good...

Superiores for me.  I've never had a bad Sup.  The only club I've tried just would not burn.  Layed them down for 3 months and dry boxed it for 2 days and it wouldn't stay lit.  I am hoping the next 9 are better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FCUBUCK said:

Superiores for me.  I've never had a bad Sup.  The only club I've tried just would not burn.  Layed them down for 3 months and dry boxed it for 2 days and it wouldn't stay lit.  I am hoping the next 9 are better.

How unfortunate. It's a hand made thing. Happens to us every once in a while too, thank goodness rarely. So we ditch it and choose something else.

Hope your next one is great after all this build up!

CB

I have a pretty clear opinion of these cigars (one of the rare instances....). For me, in this size range, it actually is a close match between the RASS and the Superiores. In terms of quality, they are the better cigars (and I won't argue with anyone here - they are! :D). Also they are sharing the same, typical family DNA and a very similar flavour quality. Since I prefer the Corona Gorda format over a Robusto, and since they are even priced competitively, it's an easy decision for me: In this case I am actually gruntled at the vitola addition (and not bec. of the second band...haha). It were only consequent of HSA to add the Sups as a 50-cab regular production to the brand. Well, speaking of logics.... But recent RASS production has been excellent as well (cabs - well folks, get prepared, they are so good actually, expect HSA to axe them very soon....).

So these are the two I prefer over the Club Allones. The CA is a slightly different animal, less refined and a typical LE for me. I even don't find it to be that much stronger actually. A decent to good cigar, but I wasn't overly impressed so far by the CA, in particular at its 40% markup. Will it mature and improve over time? - Sure. But RASS and Superiores do as well, if not more.....The Superiores always makes for a very relaxing smoke, what you can't always say of the CA.

• Like 2