FOH Fishing Derby 2017...your input required :-)

With the help of others members I am looking at putting together a FOH Fishing Derby for the weekend 8th and 9th of April 2017. 

1. It will be global. You can take off in your boat, fish your local stream, handline off the Malecon...whatever :D

2. I would prefer catch (measure/weigh) and release only.  If you want to take a few home for dinner, I will Sergeant Schultz it. 

3. Start time would be from 6am your local time on the Saturday. Finish time 5pm Sunday your local time.  No....you don't have to fish the full two days! Time is a precious commodity...but find some to throw a line in ....or go all out. 

4. All legal fish caught on line count (no netting ;))

• 1 point per 30 cm (11.81 inches) of fish. 
  • Each catch photographed/measured/released. Submit your total at the end of each day. 
  • You can register as a group of up to 4. (Dad and kids/mates/wife/wife and girlfriend). You will submit your "team" at registration (March 15 or thereabouts).  To determine the overall winner we will divide the total (cm/inches) of fish caught by the number registered. Photo may be required. 
  • If Children under 10 are part of your registered crew, you will get a 3 point starting bonus (total). Let's face it.......hard to fish when you are untangling their line :rotfl:. Still, they love it and we should encourage it. 

I would like to have 5-10 prize categories. I could use your help here (determining the categories) as well as anything else (rules/running) that will make it a great day/weekend. 

Over to you :ok:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

all good.....but I need input first :wink2:

5-10 prize categories leaves a lot of room for coming up with cool ways to win. I know in local tournaments there is biggest fish caught prize, most fish caught prize, largest total length caught prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. I will think of some others that may be interesting tonight and post them later on. 

My suggestion:

Largest Fish, Smallest Fish, 1,2,3 place by points, Largest Average Length, Deadliest Catch, Largest Caught on Fly, Best Fish Picture-judged by likes, Largest caught by an angler under age 10.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zeedubbya said:

My suggestion:

Largest Fish, Smallest Fish, 1,2,3 place by points, Largest Average Length, Deadliest Catch, Largest Caught on Fly, Best Fish Picture-judged by likes, Largest caught by an angler under age 10.  

10 hours ago, foursite12 said:

Largest freshwater fish might broaden the competition for all of us living inland.

I like these recommendations. I think all of @zeedubbya categories, especially the deadliest catch one. Be fun to see what those of you on the coasts can get.

I also like @foursite12 freshwater proposal. I have a feeling the bass I will be fishing for won't come remotely close to winning anything in terms of size :)