The best Cuban cigar you have ever had.

Mine was a box of Cohiba Lancero's. This box was presented  to a friend of mine that was doing free dental work in Cuba in the late 80's. He didn't smoke cigars, and gave them to me. I still remember the wonderful flavor of orange peal,  that dominated the cigars, nirvana. That box of cigars hooked me,  I have been chasing that flavor and experience ever since. 

• Like 2

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Montecristo #4 on the back porch of a cabin in Sweeden Built amidst a commercial pine forest overlooking a lake. The smell of fresh pine mixed with Cuban tobacco and fresh coffee and the sound of

My very first Epicure No. 2.  I was in a small shop picking some cigars up, and after explaining what had brought me in, I was gifted an Epicure No. 2.  I sat down with the owner out the back and enjo

This Cohiba Lanceros 1999 as the sun was setting on the patio out back - last June.  Sheer herfection.

Easy! The next one...each time I light up I tell myself how great this cigar I'm smoking is going to be!

Seriously though, my very best cigar smoking experience would be a tie between a gifted Cohiba 1966 LE from @Trevor2118 and a gifted 2003 Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux from @Fuzz.

• Like 3

Most memorable....a Bolivar BF at Thomas Hinds in Toronto...with a cup of coffee from there. It had to be around 1993. It was my first BOOM! Habanos Moment.

I remember going to Yitz's the next day and having the hugest corn beef sandwich and smoking something form their humidor the next day for lunch.  

The rest is history...I fell in love with Cuban cigars in Toronto. I am not sure if they were the best or just the most influential. 

• Like 2

1988,RyJ tubo #1.

green,veiny, absolute bliss. still remember the flavors and aroma.

1996, Monte 2, first Cuban box purchase

barnyard, floral, mouthwatering flavors that change your life......

1998,Bolivar Royal Coronas, box split. Astomishing flavors and long lasting finish that lasted through several beers........

• Like 1

A cohiba esplendito was gifted to me by the brother of a client and close friend in new York city at Club Macanudo.  Excellent food, atmosphere, and company truly complimented the experience. Frankly, it could have been a Dominican montecristo for all it would have mattered on that evening, but the esplendito was truly stupendous.  I have had many since, and one or two prior, but that was my best cigar. 

• Like 2

Bought a single La Escepcion ER Italy 2011 from the Rome LCDH in 2013 and smoked it on the porch of a small farmhouse we were staying at near Montepulciano (Tuscany). It was a beautiful fragrant Spring night in May after a couple glasses of a local red wine with my wife (girlfriend at the time!). Everything was perfect that night and the cigar only heightened that experience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

what a good question my goodness so many but ill limit it to just a few

1. monty 2 from early 80s

2. monty no 7 ( how I wish I could find this cigar again) from 1985

3. cohiba lancero from the early 90s

4. Gloria cubana mdo 1 and 3 both from the early 90s I believe they are 1994 haven't looked at the boxes in quite a long time

5. monty especial no 1 from the late 70s (still my all time favorite)

just a few of sooo many but ill stop there lol

• Like 2