The best Cuban cigar you have ever had.

An '03 des Dieux I smoked about 4 years ago. Pure class and extraordinary complexity. Curiously, out of two cabs I have not had another that was equally transcendental. Don't quite get it, but I keep hoping to repeat with the remaining few sticks I have left.

Runner-up- a Monte 2 on the beach in Cabo about 15 years ago. I bought it down there, legitimate goods, and it was remarkable. Have had hundreds since, some close, but none as good as thet one. When Monte 2s are on they are spectacular.

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Montecristo #4 on the back porch of a cabin in Sweeden Built amidst a commercial pine forest overlooking a lake. The smell of fresh pine mixed with Cuban tobacco and fresh coffee and the sound of

My very first Epicure No. 2.  I was in a small shop picking some cigars up, and after explaining what had brought me in, I was gifted an Epicure No. 2.  I sat down with the owner out the back and enjo

This Cohiba Lanceros 1999 as the sun was setting on the patio out back - last June.  Sheer herfection.

A lot of great cigars already covered. It's so hard to pick just one.

I think the magic of a great cigar is that it hits you like a bolt of lightning when you aren't expecting it. Whether because the looks are deceiving, or because of origin, or just simply not expecting anything special, a great cigar makes you take pause and binds your senses in a straight jacket, demanding you focus on it.

Such has been the case for me a few times in my 25+ years of experience. In no particular order;

- Partagas Lusitanias
- Punch Super Selection No. 2
- El Rey Del Mundo Tainos
- Partagas Lonsdale

There are more that stand out, but these hold a special place in my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

While most of the best cigars people have are high ends or discontinued, mine was a Partagas Super Partagas which i had few years ago.

Few puffs after i lit it up i stopped for a few seconds to adorn the band which was giving me the ultimate balance of spice and cream which i've been searching for since. Needless to say its like finding a needle in a haystack with the Super Partagas these days.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Either the first one (romeo no 2 in 1995) or the next one (vegueros tapados in a couple of minutes). Or perhaps the le Hoyo (I believe it was a des Dieux) we were given on the visit to Pinar del Rio during the 2012 festival. It had been a very early morning , a long bus ride (a long wait for the bus as well) and then after lunch the cigar was perfect

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

A 2001 Cohiba Lancero.  A good buddy from my law school days who got me into cigars smoked one at the same time and we were both blown away for two hours.  Made me wish I had bought a box when I had the chance . . . .

8 year old PD4, box code from 2007 i believe. it was pure marshmallow with that partagas spice in the mixed. everything was perfect the draw, the burn, the smoke and aroma. i made it last as long as i could! never had another quite at that level.

WOW - Tough call to answer that question!

If I had to pick, I would say without a doubt, Montecristo Serie D LE 2005. That thing of beauty was a salty/sweet stick of smooth chocolate.

Damn I miss those!!

Image result for montecristo series d le 2005

• Like 3

A Cohiba Selección Reserva - Pirámide years ago.  I am a falconer and had a stroke in January, 2002 (during open heart surgery for a valve replacement due to being born with a heart defect).  I was not able to go out hawking for a few years but when I was out with my Redtail Hawk catching a squirrel for the first time after the stroke I smoked it to celebrate the occasion.  

I  really did not fully appreciate it at that time and I wish I had another to smoke.