Cigar stores in Paris?

1 minute ago, itstricky said:

There's only one place to go, A La Civette, perhaps the oldest cigar shop in the world. Near the Louvre, it's the best of the best. White glove service, literally. Fine selection.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Cool, that's on my list, how are the prices in France in general?

30 minutes ago, itstricky said:

There's only one place to go, A La Civette

:blink::wacko: I just love this kind of peremptory statements.

There are several other good places:

• Le Lotus, 4 rue de l'Arcade (8th Arrondissement, near La Madeleine)

• Art Tabac, 2 Place de Catalogne 14th Arrondissement, near Montparnasse)

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, itstricky said:

Not cheap...I think I paid close to 20 euro for a single Partagas Serie P no 2 tubo. But...they have a great selection, and the history there is something

Then you got scammed; the price of the Partagas P2 in a tobacco shop in France (tubos or not) is €13.60. No exception.

:blink::wacko: I just love this kind of peremptory statements.

There are several other good places:

• Le Lotus, 4 rue de l'Arcade (8th Arrondissement, near La Madeleine)

• Art Tabac, 2 Place de Catalogne 14th Arrondissement, near Montparnasse)

It was an American figure of speech, apologies if this was not understood.

Guest Nekhyludov

I was in Paris in November and made a thorough study of the cigar shops :D

I second the recommendation of A la Civette. Very nice selection, and wonderful service. Plenty of France REs available. Le Lotus is also good, but a bit of a hike from where I was staying, and perhaps not special enough to justify the trek. The Publicis Drugstore has a fine selection of regular production sticks near the Arc de Triomphe. One place I was pleasantly surprised by was Tabatiere l'Odeon on Saint-Germain. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but they had a surprising selection, including Behikes. And just to scratch any last-minute itch you may have, the duty free shops at the CdG international departures terminal had nearly all the recent France REs, some COROs, lots of selection. 

Tobacco prices are fixed in France (well below the European average it seems), so you'll find the exact same price in every shop. That seems to limit the motivation to stock anything vintage or rare, but does keep things affordable. 

Happy hunting!

I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago and only went to Le Lotus. They had a good selection, but not astounding. Some aged stuff. I bought some QDO RE among others. As noted above, prices are the same in all the stores there. More expensive than online retailers but nice to pick up some REs.

• Like 3

On 2/20/2017 at 1:25 PM, itstricky said:

There's only one place to go, A La Civette, perhaps the oldest cigar shop in the world. Near the Louvre, it's the best of the best. White glove service, literally. Fine selection.

Not anymore...selection has become sub-par. Not sure the last time you visited, but back in August, they hardly had anything in stock. Le Lotus is now the best cigar in Paris in my opinion and from my experience. 

• Like 3

Not anymore...selection has become sub-par. Not sure the last time you went there. Back in August, they hardly had anything in stick. Le Lotus is now the best cigar in Paris in my opinion and from my experience. 

I'm sorry to hear this, I was here in '15, that's a shame, really.

4 minutes ago, itstricky said:

I'm sorry to hear this, I was here in '15, that's a shame, really.

Actually I believe this shop has often experienced ups and downs; in the early 2000's it was owned by Davidoff (maybe it' still the case, IDK) and the staff was systematically trashing habanos and always offered NCs first to inexperienced customers.

Le Lotus was great in Feb 16. Good selcetion. QdO Robustos Diplomaticos a plenty. The guys were friendly, opened about 20 boxes for me to choose 4 boxes with maduro wrappers. 

• Like 2

Hi guys, I am french but I live in Mexico, I often go to France to visit my family. 

I was there in january and La Civette was really disappointing, I found this place (Le terminus), a very small tobacco shop to have quite a nice selection.

I bought them some capuletos, Magnum 56 EL, Partagas E2, Cohiba siglo IV, France RE and some others I don't remember.

Here is the google maps link.

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/uv?hl=es&pb=!1s0x47e66fcd676c7921:0x327e9b46646babdb!2m19!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m13!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!3m1!7e115!4shttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname%3D115298102149686083984%26id%3D6264449358873409058%26target%3DPHOTO!5s+-+Buscar+con+Google&imagekey=!1e3!2s-i21ylly5Ayc/Vu_LgF0StiI/AAAAAAAAABA/chcXG39sC74Zmvtktr_KAWTriCHD6kkAQCJkC

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Le Lotus was great. Helpful. Opened 10 boxes for me to find the right ones...

• Like 1

On 10/07/2017 at 7:26 PM, Homer said:

My wife is going to Paris in 2 weeks. Her hotel is near the Eiffel tower. Any suggestions of cigar stores near the Eiffel Tower?

Nothing "near" the Eiffel Tower. The closest good shops are located in the Avenue Victo Hugo (short taxi ride):

• Boutique 22, at the 22, avenue Victor Hugo

• Tabac Lemaire at 59 avenue Victor Hugo

but the drive to Le Lotus (in the Madeleine area) is just a bit longer and worth the détour… going there by metro is easy.