Single Oak Project by Buffalo Tace. Bottle No. 169

canadianbeaver

A recent California trip with mrbeaver allowed me to dive into the bourbon pond. I have a wonderful collection growing and I am such a fan. Tonight we cracked open a tall small bottle of 375ml of Buffalo Trace Single Oak Project. 192 Bottles total.

Just tastes like pure dark alcohol? No grain/corn/flavour tones? Added a few drops of water to try and open it up a bit... ahhh there we go. Now some smoother layers including coffee and wine. Sharp! Wonderful.

IMG_3125.JPG

• Like 3

Sounds like the perfect beverage to compliment unwinding at the end of the work week! Funnily enough, in my part of the world, I find Scotch enthusiasts don't go for bourbon. For me, I'll take bourbon (or cognac) anyday.

• Like 2

C.B. I know you posted a little while back how you were enjoying Yellow. Spot Irish Whisky. I just noticed it on the LCBO website. I know it does not come to Ontario very often so I thought I would let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2017 at 11:12 PM, canadianbeaver said:

We like Scotch but this year I have  become very passionate about Irish whiskey after last summer's trip to Ireland. This section of the wall is coming along nicely too.

Have you tried Redbreast?

2 hours ago, Hamaki said:

Have you tried Redbreast?

I love Redbreast 12. If my LCBO somehow got an older bottle in one day, and I had the $ at that time, I would buy it so fast!

My favourite one is Yellow Spot. Mmmmmmm...

How did you get the single Barrel project?  I was at buffalo trace recently and they have a display cabinet full of their different experiments.  

I picked up the redbreast 12 recently and really liked it.  Looking for the 15 next, I'll give yellow spot a try too.

• Like 1