Montecristo Linea 1935

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've always thought we needed a super premium Monte so that we can pay more for a similar smoking experience. Yay!

I didn't put to flame as I had an Esplendido on the go..probably will try one soon.Ajay and Sean (H&F) were on my table - Ajay said he liked the Maltes a lot (if I've not go it the wrong way round

I wasn't at the gala dinner but I smoked a Dumas at a party last Sunday. The cigar looked and felt very nice. To be honest my taste was shot by the end of 10 days of it. It was noticeably st

2 hours ago, Jimmy_jack said:

I was speaking in general terms...not for this weekends 24:24. There are many that we never see here. 

Like what? I can't recall any over the past decade or so that haven't been sold here aside from other regional or crazy rare. 

On 3/9/2017 at 5:39 PM, El Presidente said:

I only question the assertion " so that we can pay more for a similar smoking experience. Yay"

How in Christ would you know that it is a similar smoking experience?

Any idea on pricing yet, or too early?

I might buy a box if they are coming in around the same price as the Cohiba Pyramids.

41 minutes ago, messa said:

I might buy a box if they are coming in around the same price as the Cohiba Pyramids.

HSA will appreciate your assistance in their pricing process, mate.... :lol3:

• Like 1

On 3/13/2017 at 10:39 AM, messa said:

These cigars are so far away pricing will have to take inflation into account.

Seriously though, don't expect these before Q4 2017 at the earliest, and those will probably be pre-release versions. I believe the Monte 80th was introduced at the 2015 Habanos Festival in Feb 2015 and I don't recall them hitting any shelves until well into 2016, like Q3 2016, or about 18 months from the Festival announcement.

The only timely release that I can think of was the Anejados releases. The news broke on these in Dec 2014 and they were on shelves in Q1 2015. Which is actually another indication something's not right with them. Habanos had been planning these for 8 years only to break the news 3 months before release? Sure.

• 6 months later...
On 13/03/2017 at 2:39 PM, messa said:

On 13/03/2017 at 3:21 PM, Fugu said:

HSA will appreciate your assistance in their pricing process, mate.... :lol3:

On 13/03/2017 at 2:39 PM, messa said:

On 14/03/2017 at 9:01 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

These cigars are so far away pricing will have to take inflation into account.

Seriously though, don't expect these before Q4 2017 at the earliest, and those will probably be pre-release versions. I believe the Monte 80th was introduced at the 2015 Habanos Festival in Feb 2015 and I don't recall them hitting any shelves until well into 2016, like Q3 2016, or about 18 months from the Festival announcement.

The only timely release that I can think of was the Anejados releases. The news broke on these in Dec 2014 and they were on shelves in Q1 2015. Which is actually another indication something's not right with them. Habanos had been planning these for 8 years only to break the news 3 months before release? Sure.

Prices in Spain:

Leyenda, Vitola de Galera, Montesco No. 1. (165 mm x 55) EUR 19.00
Maltés, Vitola de Galera, Sobresalientes (153 mm x 53) EUR 18.00
Dumas, Vitola de Galera, Prominente Corto (130 mm x 49) EUR 14.00

• Like 2

Prices in Spain:

Never was a huge fan of the Marca, but I miss this, with its understatement and real class:

montecristo-standard-band-a-jpg.jpg.9d49abf0f83282772a2e49e3dcfe223b.jpg

The new line may well be good, but I've never been able to stomach upcharges for "luxury" indicators which have nothing to do with quality.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, tigger said:

Never was a huge fan of the Marca, but I miss this, with its understatement and real class:

montecristo-standard-band-a-jpg.jpg.9d49abf0f83282772a2e49e3dcfe223b.jpg

The new line may well be good, but I've never been able to stomach upcharges for "luxury" indicators which have nothing to do with quality.

Some new bands look like NC's.

I prefer discretion.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, oliverdst said:

Prices in Spain:

Spain is not a high tax country, relatively speaking, correct? So this is about what to expect?

If they're very good, and provide a unique alternative to the classic line, and come in 10ers, I might bite. Though it's not something I could justify spending very often.

I don't mind the foot bands. Will save me from some cracked feet. 3 bands total is overkill, though.

1 hour ago, Danimalia said:

Spain is not a high tax country, relatively speaking, correct? So this is about what to expect?

If they're very good, and provide a unique alternative to the classic line, and come in 10ers, I might bite. Though it's not something I could justify spending very often.

I don't mind the foot bands. Will save me from some cracked feet. 3 bands total is overkill, though.

Boxes of 20. The new hype.

• Like 1

don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them don't buy them.don't buy them.don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them.

don't buy them.don't buy them.don't buy them.don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them.don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them, don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them don't buy them.don't buy them.don't buy themon't buy them.don't buy them.don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them.

don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them .don't buy them. don't buy them.don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them. don't buy them

• Like 4

Those prices, while high, are not as high as I was expecting from a triple handed self declared 'premium' cigar. I doubt I would ever buy more than a single or two though unless reviews are very good. 

Has anyone actually seen these yet? Or the 2017 LEs or general releases? I'm sure we have normally seen something by October...

On 3/9/2017 at 7:21 PM, archosaur said:

:rotfl:

Oh, come on now.  They have three bands and a fancy box!  Fork over the money!!

montecristo1935cc.jpg

And you get 5 less cigars for your money.  They rounded it down to a nice, even 20 sticks.  :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Shaunster said:

It baffles me, yet people will go absolutely crazy for these.

This and many others. TBH.  I do want to try them, but going deep is out of the question from the get go.  Maybe Rob, will sells some samplers? Two of each of the three vitolas.  Hint hint.  ;)  

On 3/10/2017 at 4:52 PM, CaptainQuintero said:

See a real concern that I have, that I only just realised, is that because of the seemingly constant stream of these new glossy ultra releases in obnoxious packaging/bands, uncomfortable guages and worse..stonking great price tags, that I've found I have stopped caring about anything new from Cuba. I don't follow what EL, RE, LCDH etc is coming out because there is nothing for me and the average chap anymore, at least that is what HSA is telling me. 

I am at the same position here... :unsure: