Cigar travel cases

Planning on traveling to Canada in July. 9 hours on the road and a short flight after that. Last year I packed my cigars in a brown box and padded them with clothes to keep them safe. I am considering buying a travel case. It's not like we toss our gear around and aren't careful with it, but want to keep them safe. I would be interested if anyone has used one, if they are worth the time and money. I was thinking that it would only take one time that something happens and in s matter of seconds a bunch of cigars could get ruined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a xikar 6 cigar hard case that fits in my computer bag. Not to big but I can fit at least six big smokes in ther. $29.99 I believe 

I've got the same case and it's excellent for nights away with work and weekend camping trips. Not only is it watertight, it floats too, which is a bonus feature if ever I saw one!

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 1

I am cheap when it comes to accessories so I use Tupperware when traveling.  They have thin ones for kids lunches that are about as long as a Churchill that work perfectly.  Or you can get a case to look a bit more classy than me :-)

• Like 1

Xikar is my go to. I have a 5, 10, and 20 count case. All reasonably priced. You can buy a 5 count case at some American NC cogar vendors websites that come with 5 cigars for under 30 bucks. Of course, you should probably throw out the cigars it comes with, but the price often rivals and in some cases beats the price on the case itself. 

I love my various count size Cigar Caddy and Xikar hard cases.  Another alternative is the Lock n Lock tupperware container available at Walmart.  I got a bunch of these and they are great for traveling also.  We loaded a cabinet humidor once (about the size of a nightstand table) and drove 12 hours to a herf in Winnipeg.   A shoebox will also work with cigars inside ziplock bags.  There's many options.  Only limit is imagination.