The OA Netflix Series

moryc

Has anyone watched it?  I really enjoyed the show, you can compare the style to Stranger Things except more adult oriented.  The core of the story is near death experiences and the soundtrack to the series is amazing.  One of my favorite scenes of the series is filmed in Havana.  I love the camera work and the shots, but most importantly the music:

The song is an original by a Cuban composer Leo Brouwer - Danza del Altiplano

• Like 1

Yes, absolutely.  I thought it was a very strong show.  Good script, good production, pretty good casting, well-acted.  Not without its flaws, but it has that "labor of love" vibe that you get from shows with strong creator involvement.  If I get a sense of that, I will forgive a lot of things.  And I thought the way it ended (...no spoilers...) was very good.

I'm not sure they need to do a second season at all.  Just let this stand on its own as a singular effort.

Agree with your call on the similarity to Stranger Things.  Might also draw a comparison to Donnie Darko -- though that's from a relatively dim memory, and based mainly on vibe and its "unreliable reality" quality.

This new golden age of longer form, continuity-oriented video entertainment, starting with The Sopranos in 1999, is wonderful.