CCW recovered?

Checked out the website today and the disclaimer is gone plus the search function is back and the look is slightly different (at least on my phone).

Is the new database live? That would be so awesome

• Like 1

Looks the same to me. Disclaimer still there too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Kudos to you, @Lotusguy, the website has indeed been updated! I was fortunate enough to catch up with Alex last week and we discussed the development of Cuban Cigar Website this year and its future direction. So, one of the most used features of the site, the search function is back, and in time, yes, the collection management feature that we all got to know and love will make a comeback too.

On the 'About' link of the site is the following...

On 7th December, 2016 a catastrophic failure at the data centre that hosts Cuban Cigar Website led to a total loss of all data related to the site. Over the next few months it was rebuilt from cached versions, launching in a limited form in March 2017. All member's collection data was irretrievably lost.

Updating the Website

Correct and up-to-date information is the lifeblood of this website.

Can you provide missing information, such as: dates that packaging was discontinued, background history to releases, etc.?

Have you seen any errors or omissions?  Do you have any suggestions or requests? Many of the site's features have come from website users' requests and suggestions!

Can you supply images of special releases, packaging, etc. missing from the website, or can you supply better images?

Please photograph items on a well-lit plain white or contrasting background, and please email the full untouched .jpg file, which can be compressed if necessary.

Cuban Cigar Website exists to serve the greater Habanos Enthusiasts community and is a continuing acknowledgement of the endeavour that Trevor Leask started over 10 years ago. Therefore, since it serves us in such an integral way, suggestions are indeed welcome. Please e-mail Alex at [email protected] if you have suggestions for improvements.

As things stand currently, I have no doubt that there are more tweaks to come. I believe the headers on the page show differently on your desktop as opposed to your mobile. On your desktop the links at the top are visible and spread out at the top, on your mobile go the top of the page and click on the three grey horizontal lines at the top and the links, including the search function, will display themselves.

• Like 4

Best I can tell, it looks the same as it used to before the meltdown, except there still is no inventory management feature.  I understand from Alex that will take some more time to get back on line. 

1 hour ago, ATGroom said:

Hi guys. Current status is that the backend database is rebuilt and populated from the cached version. So it should still only be current as of about October last year, but you can search again now.

I tried to keep it looking more or less the same, but the technology behind everything is much more modern compared to what it was pre-crash. Should be a better for search engines, should play a bit nicer with mobile devices, and should run quite a bit quicker than it used to.

Next step will be to get all the admin stuff back online and bring it up to date. After that will be collection management.

Thanks all for your support.

Thank YOU, for all your hard work!

Is there someplace / manner you want us to report bugs?

It is good to hear that the CCW finally rose from ashes with awesome updates! However, there are plenty of things I want to suggest.

1. Add more cigar tool, storage option explanations (e.g. types of cigar cutter, cigar matches & torch lighter, humidification methods, coolidor/wineador/cigar cabinet, etc).
  2. Add cigar brand history sections (e.g. history of Cohiba, etc).
  3. Replace old cigar images with newer ones, add missing cigar and cigar band images.
  4. Add latest information (e.g. cigars that will be released in 2017).
  5. Fix some link issues (e.g. Reserve in Search by Release does not work properly).
  6. Implement Desktop/Mobile friendly website layout.