H Upmann Petit Coronas Jar

Would think so, an internal production count or such like, but I guess we can only speculate. You find similar on boxes as well, at least on older ones.

Speculation? Here? Never!

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recently bought this Upmann 50 PC jar in a Ebay charity auction (so a mention for the fine people at the Kirkwood Hospice in Huddersfield, England) and wondered if any of you good people out there c

And here's the finished product... 50x HUPC (TOS NOV 16) with the rh at an estimated 63 (today's ambient); removed, cleaned and replaced the metalwork; cut a new gasket; repaired the ripped seal with

Here's an interesting photo from Alain Proietto of LCDH Lugano Switzerland. Note the size difference of the PC jar at center vs the Upmann jar to the right. Oddly, the PC jar further back looks shorte

1 hour ago, CigarSmoke57 said:

I remember these glass jars in bars and barber shops back in the early 1960's in Union City, New Jersey. Wish I had one! 

HU jars, both pre and post-Rev, are quite common, but the vast majority are Crystales, PC 25s and Coronas 25s and 50s. As noted, the market value for any of those, depending on condition, is generally between $100-500. This PC 50s jar is an oddball in a big way.

Here's an interesting photo from Alain Proietto of LCDH Lugano Switzerland. Note the size difference of the PC jar at center vs the Upmann jar to the right. Oddly, the PC jar further back looks shorter but I don't think that's only because of perspective.

I would surmise that the 50ct's are rare but not impossible to find.

Edit: And here's a video of the same jars, although he does not open the Upmanns:

• Like 4

That's quite a collection! Thanks for posting this, very interesting. Cringed a bit at the handling of some of the rare cigar boxes and cigars though...

Just looking at the@GP012 photo of the jars again and the shorter HUPC jar you pointed out does look a bit off. The H Upmann logo on the cedar lining is partly obscured by the metal band. On mine it certainly isn't, nor is it on the other HUPC jar in the picture. I don't think they'd do that so maybe it's a cut down HUPC insert made to fit a smaller jar, in which case - what's in the jar I wonder...

• Like 1

I agree, the two jars clearly seem to be different sizes even taking the fore and background perspective into account, and the HU logo being obscured by the metal band just doesn't seem like it would be right, and that jar is substantially shorter than all the others. Highly suspect IMO. It does however appear that the taller PC jar could be legit, and looks like a 50 jar, so there's another one that has potentially surfaced and is located in a museum/collection and would be the fourth example I've seen with only two of those in very good condition or better.

• Like 1