Large Wineador Build

Awesome setup. Do you have PC fans to help evenly distribute humidity throughout the wineador?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, luvdunhill said:

Nice! I also like SensorPush. How long before you grab the Gateway I wonder? :)

Never, i check it enough as is, I don't want that kind of access. 

2 minutes ago, fred170 said:

Awesome setup. Do you have PC fans to help evenly distribute humidity throughout the wineador?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No, actually Bobs twin humidifier comes with 2 fans that you can program how often they go on.  Mine go on for 1 minute every 10 minutes.  i forgot to mention I have 1 oust fan too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PigFish said:

... no more half wine, half cigars???

Glad to see you are happy finally with the results. Cheers! -Piggy

Once the shelves went in and I saw the humidity and temp stabilize, I decided I was good to load it up.  Thanks for the advice.

21 hours ago, el chino said:

Very Nice:thumbsup:

Exactly what I was wanting to do.  My last box from 24:24 did me in on my NewAir C300.  Looks like your

all full now too.  Beautiful!

Give it a few months, you'll get there ;) . 

Nice build.  I'm not familiar with Sensor Push but have been using WirelessTags for over a year.  For those thinking about a similar build, you might check them out.  

It looks like the difference is there's no Bluetooth connectivity so you need a wireless gateway ($39).  When I get them, I toss the tags into my Boveda calibration pack and can calibrate them to .1% accuracy.  The batteries last about 2 years with a 10 minute update rate.  The wireless tags also record angle based motion such as a door opening.  They also have other sensors that are waterproof that you can place outside.  They're opensource and are compatible with IFTTT (If This Then That).  

I'm not a paid spokesperson.  Just a happy user.  

Wireless Tags

• Like 1

What a nice huge wineador project! The only thing I would like to suggest is using SensorPush G1 WiFi Gateway (quite pricey though) so that you can store humidity/temperature information on the cloud permanently :) (and replace AcuRite Indoor Humidity Monitors with SensorPush Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer as SensorPush does the same thing as AcuRite one if you can).

By the way, is John Nelson an excellent wineador and coolidor shlef/drawer maker? I have been searched through many wineador and coolidor drawer/shelf makers on the web for long time but I could not find any trustworthy makers yet (I found Forest Price at the beginning but others told me not to using him for good). Also, does he ship shelves and drawers quickly to other countries (I prefer DHL, FedEx, EMS)?

Wineador

• Whynter CHC-122BD Elite Touch Control Stainless Cigar Cooler Humidor
  • 3x 3" Spanish Cedar Drawer
  • 3x Large Bar Type Handle
  • 3x 3 Piece Divider kit

Coolidor

• Coleman Xtreme Marine 150 Quart 6 Cooler
  • Kingsford Original Charcoal
  • 3x 3" Spanish Cedar Tray
  • 3x 3 Piece Divider kit

Fan

• 2x Thermaltake Mobile Fan 12
  • Any Dual USB Wall Charger

Humidifier

• 8x Boveda 320 Gram 84% RH Humidor Seasoning Pack
  • 8x Boveda 320 Gram 65% RH Pack
  • 4x Boveda 320 Gram Mounting Plate
  • 2x Boveda 75% RH Hygrometer Calibration Kit

Hygrometer

• 4x SensorPush Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer
  • SensorPush G1 WiFi Gateway

P.S. Where do you keep cigars during re-seasoning period?

2 hours ago, LonesomeHabanoAficionado said:

By the way, is John Nelson an excellent wineador and coolidor shlef/drawer maker? I have been searched through many wineador and coolidor drawer/shelf makers on the web for long time but I could not find any trustworthy makers yet (I found Forest Price at the beginning but others told me not to using him for good). Also, does he ship shelves and drawers quickly to other countries (I prefer DHL, FedEx, EMS)?

I can't exactly compare John to anyone else, but my experience was flawless. I'm in the process of writing a review based on my experience.
Basically, it was simple - I gave him the product dimensions - he sent a price list based on NewAir coolers... when the cooler arrived I gave him internal measurements. While I wasn't perfect at this he dumbed down the requests to something I could understand. I paid the amount (additional 4% PayPal Tax). I was given something like 1 month wait time, but it was done in 2 weeks. Shipped quickly, arrived quickly. Quality work. Communication was excellent.
Also the packing was extremely good. So don't fret about mail handlers being rough.

He's pricier than Forrest (but not hugely expensive). I paid extra because some people wait months for Forrest, and others say his work can be spotty. 
John's work was flawless. I didn't choose anything special apart from metal handles on the drawers.

He also sent me pictures during the build process. So that was nice. Updates were weekly, as well. Always nice to know what's going on.
His website is http://www.cigar-coolers.com/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LonesomeHabanoAficionado said:

What a nice huge wineador project! The only thing I would like to suggest is using SensorPush G1 WiFi Gateway (quite pricey though) so that you can store humidity/temperature information on the cloud permanently :) (and replace AcuRite Indoor Humidity Monitors with SensorPush Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer as SensorPush does the same thing as AcuRite one if you can).

P.S. Where do you keep cigars during re-seasoning period?

I didn't want the wifi gateway because I have no reason to see what cooling cycle my wineador is in while i'm away from the house, it just wasn't worth the money.  (Maybe if I were to travel for months on end?)  Whenever I get home it updates it automatically and I can see how it's doing, which is always the same, the more it stabilizes the less I care to check it.  

The reason I went for the Acurites instead of the Sensor push is because all I wanted was to be able to walk up to the unit and quickly glance at different levels and see if theres much of a delta, I didn't want to open the app every time.  I was able to spend $8/each so $32 for 4 instead of $200 for 4 sensorpushes.  If I want to log different areas, I can just move the sensorpush I have.  It's not necessary to have more than 1 in my opinion,  

John is the best, he created a complex product off of phone conversations, did it in a month and a half whereas Ive heard forest takes forever, and I could call him any time and he would pick up the phone.  His prices were also very reasonable.    

I kept all my cigars in our winelocker, which is stable at 55/65.

• Like 1

That is a thing of beauty! Thanks for sharing all the details. I'm just another data point/stranger on the Internet but my experience with John Nelson was stellar as well. The man is as great a communicator as he is a carpenter. Outstanding customer service and heirloom quality work! 

• Like 1