PerfecDraw

12 minutes ago, Stick burner said:

irratebass

This topic is perfect timing for me, I have 2 BCG's that have firms spots in them and I don't want to go through the hassle of return shipping only 2 cigars. The Modus looks sweet and it's a 3in1! 

I've got a Modus 2.  Haven't had to poke any holes in my cigars, yet, but the nubber works beautifully.

• Like 1

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!  What a night that Cigar Trophy Awards Ceremony was!!  I have to say how incredibly impressed I was to see the cigar industry behind the scenes.  Though all these folks are techni

Hey Ryan, I absolutely understand, and really that was just a little "jab back" in forum fashion.  I am one of 12 founding members of the largest dental internet forum -- we have over a quarter o

Entertaining thread.  "Hate this guy.  Annoying.  Dr. Phil (hate), Mr. Rogers, Cheesy salesman."   You guys must be brilliant geniuses to see these things.  That makes me wonder why I am so frequ

8 hours ago, Stick burner said:

I have 2 BCG's that have firms spots in them and I don't want to go through the hassle of return shipping only 2 cigars. 

Wait... what?! Return to vendor you purchased from? 

3 hours ago, Cigar Fan 29 said:

Entertaining thread.  "Hate this guy.  Annoying.  Dr. Phil (hate), Mr. Rogers, Cheesy salesman."  

You guys must be brilliant geniuses to see these things.  That makes me wonder why I am so frequently invited to be the keynote speaker at so many dental conferences around the world.

Oh well, you take the good with the bad I guess.

I'm at least glad that you like my invention.  Thanks to those who didn't feel the need to "pile on".

Rod Kurthy

Hi Rod,

Please forgive the comments here. Due to a sense of "detatchment" or whatever the reason. comments and criticisms are often made in an online forum that would never be made to someone in their presence. I'll leave it up to the members here if they want to edit their comments.

I had a look at the website and the close-up pictures of the perfecdraw tool. It's a well-engineered bit of kit. Do you ship to Ireland?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

I ordered one over the weekend. I have a box of RA Estupendos you must have known about when you invented this thing.

Be careful - my '06 box had fragile wrappers which did not hold up well to prodding and poking  :(

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cigar Fan 29 said:

HarveyBoulevard - Colt45 brings up a very good point.  Hopefully your RA Estupendos sticks don't have old fragile wrappers, but should that be the case, let me give you some advice on using the PerfecDraw.

Even though you may have seen videos of others using the PerfecDraw on YouTube and other sites, realize that at least one of them used it incorrectly.  He loved it, but had he used it correctly, it would have worked even five times better (that's no exaggeration).  The PerfecDraw was NOT designed to remove tobacco by twisting, twisting, twisting.  All that does is clog up the tobacco cutting blades and tobacco pulling channel, and reduce the effectiveness by 80%.

You simply screw the PerfecDraw in, just like screwing in a screw.  Then pull straight out.  Don't over-twist it on the way in, and most often no twisting when removing it.  The tobacco is removed and pulled on the the way OUT.  I designed the head in the shape of a sharp, tapered and flattened spade.  So when you "screw in" the PerfecDraw, that sharp, flat spade head chews up the tobacco in front of it, making it so that the PerfecDraw does not expand the wrapper (so that the wrapper doesn't crack).  It may be "annoying" ;), but you need to carefully watch the instructional video, which is the second video down on the site. 

HOWEVER..... when you have a valuable cigar that has an unusually thin, fragile, brittle wrapper, you need even a little more caution.  In that situation, when inserting the PerfecDraw, you should twist more than just screwing while inserting it into the cigar.  This allows the spade to do it's job even more.  And only go in about 1/3" at a time and remove to clean out the debris.  So with a valuable cigar with a fragile wrapper, it's worth a little more caution.

Hope that helps.

Rod

Thank you @Colt45and @Cigar Fan 29, I will let you know this weekend.  I have to do taxes and figure a box of churchills should get me through...and if I can smoke them instead of using them to stake up a tent in the back yard, that would be fantastic.  

i have had a LOT of tools, self made or bought, none was working properly. Yes, you could manage some cigars to be smokeable, but most of them was just frustrating and lead to a bad smoking experience.

Yes, i have the Perfecdraw tool too. I used it once, and it did a much better job like all my other stuff. Was the cigar better? Yes. But still not perfect. 

Why didn't Rob get me one of these for Christmas?  That's what I'd like to know!  He knows how much I hate tight draws!!! :D

I tried to order one of these through perfecdraw.com but the cart only allows USA as the destination country.  Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks to Irate for mentioning this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoker said:

Why didn't Rob get me one of these for Christmas?  That's what I'd like to know!  He knows how much I hate tight draws!!! :D

I tried to order one of these through perfecdraw.com but the cart only allows USA as the destination country.  Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks to Irate for mentioning this.

Hey Smoker -- Sorry you had trouble trying to ship to the UK.  We ship internationally every day.  Just this morning shipped to the UK, Finland, UAE (Abu Dhabi) and Cyprus.  

Give it a try and if you have a problem, use the contact form on the website, and someone will walk you through it.  Once you get near the end of the checkout process, you will be presented with more than one shipping option, cost of shipping, etc., before you commit to an order.

See the attached screen shot of the checkout process and the dropdown menu where you would select "United Kingdom".

Best,

Rod

Shipping to UK.jpg

• Like 1

I ordered one the other day. 

Rod, FYI... I heard about the product from this thread, the Rush video closed the deal.    

Rod, 

Rush does smoke a lot of cigars and it was clear to me he was just sharing something that showed up unannounced, that he really thought worked, and wanted to share it with his cigar brethren.  He seemed genuinely happy to have it.  I'm looking forward to using mine. 

Thanks for the assistance Rod.  It turns out I had an issue with my browser, that would not allow me to open any drop-down menus.  Problem has been rectified, and I'm looking forward to trying this out on my collection of plugged cigars!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Smoker said:

Thanks for the assistance Rod.  It turns out I had an issue with my browser, that would not allow me to open any drop-down menus.  Problem has been rectified, and I'm looking forward to trying this out on my collection of plugged cigars!

Glad it worked out.  I'd love to hear your comments after you give it a try!

19 hours ago, Cigar Fan 29 said:

Glad it worked out.  I'd love to hear your comments after you give it a try!

Used mine for the first time tonight. Started with a H Upmann Conno...A with a snug draw. Ended up with a H Upmann Conno...A with a Perfec(t) draw. 

Easy to use and very effective.  Remedied a tight spot at the shoulder very easily. 

Worked as advertised. 

• Like 4